Electrical mechanical or mechatronic? (1 Viewer)

chboblie

HSC
Hey i'm in year twelve and wanted to do engineering at unsw and i can't decide between mechanical or electrical or mechatronic.
Can someone give me more information about mechanical engineering cause i can't find much other than they make moving parts.
Can someone tell me examples of thing MEs develop?
Also is it hard to get a job as a mechatronic engineer in Australia?
:cool:

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Can someone give me more information about mechanical engineering cause i can't find much other than they make moving parts.
Can someone tell me examples of thing MEs develop?
If something has a moving part, a mechanical engineer designed it. Mechanical engineers commonly work with mechanical systems (a system that uses power to accomplish some task). Examples are engines, large machinery like the stuff you'd see in oil & gas and a bicycle. It's quite hard to define what a mechanical engineer does, cause mechanical engineering is just so broad.

MilkDrinker

HSC
Actually, I was once in the faculty and they suggested to someone in the same position that it is better off to stay in one of them and change later rather than Flexible first year

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Actually, I was once in the faculty and they suggested to someone in the same position that it is better off to stay in one of them and change later rather than Flexible first year
tbh this is better advice if you can narrow it down to maybe 2 or 3 majors within the same school, like mechanical, aerospace rather than civil and mechanical because there aren't that many common subjects and you may finish later if you have done subjects that won't count towards your degree

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You are better off starting in one program and then transfer to a different one later if you don't like it, simply because flexible first year does not guarantee you a spot in the program that you might want (which you could have started off with).

What do you want from the degree? Have you compared the different programs on offer? What interests do you have towards each degree or program on offer?

Consider what you like about each option and start considering which ones you would like to do. Each one is quite broad so it would be good if you asked specific questions in regards to each one instead and then you can get some good answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)