is UOW good for engineering? (1 Viewer)

turntaker

HSC
I have heard good things about it but I am not sure how it would compare to UNSW.

astroman

HSC
Pretty sure all engineering at all uni's teach very similar things, thing is UOW may have worse teachers, students may be less focused since lower cut off, that kind of stuff. But if you do good, get HD's and do work experience, employers will hire you.

turntaker

HSC
Pretty sure all engineering at all uni's teach very similar things, thing is UOW may have worse teachers, students may be less focused since lower cut off, that kind of stuff. But if you do good, get HD's and do work experience, employers will hire you.
I was doing some research and UOW has a higher overall student satisfaction than UNSW.
So I don't think the teaching is bad

Flop21

HSC
I was doing some research and UOW has a higher overall student satisfaction than UNSW.
So I don't think the teaching is bad
I would say it's pretty good. It really comes down to what uni you like best. UOW is a smaller uni, so obviously you would feel more connected to your teachers and they would be more accessable, they would probably know you well etc. UOW definately has a laid back atmosphere to it (the campus). There are definately successful alumni (from what I heard at their talks). What I took from it was that it really comes down to how good YOU are (in regards to jobs).

Obviously cut offs are lower than UNSW, so kids there might not be as academic. You should do some google searching on the uni, e.g. search "UOW engineering whirlpool". I love doing that for unis and finding some brutally honest things about the uni. You'll probably find both good and bad things.

But I know a lot of people that go to UOW (a lot of people in my area go there) and they all love it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)