Mechatronic vs Electrical (1 Viewer)

turntaker

HSC
Could someone please outline the key differences in these? I will be studying computer science alongside one of them and I am not sure which to pick.

astroman

HSC
mech is combo of a few things, i think mechanical, computer and electrical, electrical is just electrical. So in just electrical you go in depth, in mech you get understandings of all but not so in depth. This way some employers may want just an electrical engineer or someone with a variety of knowledge Either way, they are both good degrees.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it good?
yea

mech is combo of a few things, i think mechanical, computer and electrical, electrical is just electrical. So in just electrical you go in depth, in mech you get understandings of all but not so in depth. This way some employers may want just an electrical engineer or someone with a variety of knowledge Either way, they are both good degrees.
pretty much this

turntaker

HSC
yeah i actually want to build physical stuff no just circuits.

Do you learn circuit design and stuff as well in mech?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
At UNSW, you'll touch basic circuit design. Albeit, Computer Engineering will go into much more depth of circuit design than Mechatronics.

Mechatronics is pretty much control systems. You can interface control systems with computing, electronics, mechanical systems, chemical reactions, etc.

Electrical is pretty broad in that you can choose multiple different paths. However, it is expected that you learn and become proficient with many aspects of circuit design. You can do control systems as part of Electrical but of course if you take this route then you will learn the Electrical and simple Mechanical aspects behind them (yes you do some mechanics in later years of Electrical).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)