Unsw vs uts - construction management and property (2 Viewers)

whizzleman

HSC
Currently put down UNSW's construction management course(83 atar) as my first preference due to well .... its UNSW . But im considering to change it to the UTS course (92 atar) . just wondering which uni is better in terms of this course and overall uni experience.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
UTS is viewed better, but in all honesty the construction industry is more focused on your work experience than uni prestige as you can imagine. My main aim if i was you would be getting a cadet construction role asap, either of the degrees are fine.

hazelpug

HSC
Currently put down UNSW's construction management course(83 atar) as my first preference due to well .... its UNSW . But im considering to change it to the UTS course (92 atar) . just wondering which uni is better in terms of this course and overall uni experience.
I'm planning to do the same course, so I researched this A LOT, in the employers eye's it doesn't matter, this course isn't like law where prestige matters. Everything comes down to your work experience. Apparently the UNSW facilities are better. But otherwise the courses are on par. The benefits I can see of the UNSW course is that its only 3 years compared to UTS which is 4 years and the degree is not just construction management but also property so there's a few units relating to that. The reason the ATAR is so much lower is because the uts degree i believe has been around for longer and it's more known.

whizzleman

HSC
I'm planning to do the same course, so I researched this A LOT, in the employers eye's it doesn't matter, this course isn't like law where prestige matters. Everything comes down to your work experience. Apparently the UNSW facilities are better. But otherwise the courses are on par. The benefits I can see of the UNSW course is that its only 3 years compared to UTS which is 4 years and the degree is not just construction management but also property so there's a few units relating to that. The reason the ATAR is so much lower is because the uts degree i believe has been around for longer and it's more known.
Ive talked to people , and by the looks of it UTS focused more on the project management of larger projects while usw focusses on smaller construction projects ... also UTS provides mandatory work experience in 3rd year , so in my eyes UTS would be a bit better , but if its possible to find word experience easily it shouldnt be a problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)