Engineering or nah (1 Viewer)

diladial

gone ghost
HSC
I've just done my HSC and I've always considered engineering as a possible career option... but I'm not too strong with my physics (dropped it beginning of year 12).
I did 4U maths and really reaLLY enjoyed the physical apps of calculus/mechanics topics in 3U/4U and I loved HSC chem. Sooooo yeah would I survive first year eng at UNSW or nah? Not sure which discipline in eng tho

Yeungster

HSC
i did physics, and i dont think you will be at a huge disadvantage not doing physics. Since imo, hsc physics is pree much a rotelearn hsie subject with some calculations here and there, but not too intense overall. Shouldnt stop u from going into eng imo xD

diladial

gone ghost
HSC
tyty guys
i just have so much self doubt tho and i haven't even made it into the course yet lol
is chem eng a hard course or nah

D94

HSC
N/A
Your self doubt reflects in your speech mannerisms. Every question of yours ends with "or nah".

Yes, chemical engineering is a hard degree. No degree is easy, and it shouldn't be.

diladial

gone ghost
HSC
Your self doubt reflects in your speech mannerisms. Every question of yours ends with "or nah".

Yes, chemical engineering is a hard degree. No degree is easy, and it shouldn't be.
Yeah that's true (the nah reflecting my doubt). But I'm willing to work hard if I do end up putting it first preference... I'm just really scared for what uni life/engineering holds...

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Yeah that's true (the nah reflecting my doubt). But I'm willing to work hard if I do end up putting it first preference... I'm just really scared for what uni life/engineering holds...
Uni work is meant to be hard, especially in a discipline like engineering. But trust me, some of the people I've seen in engineering, I wonder why they're even doing it lol.

diladial

gone ghost
HSC
Uni work is meant to be hard, especially in a discipline like engineering. But trust me, some of the people I've seen in engineering, I wonder why they're even doing it lol.
as in they're too uhhhh unworthy/incapable of the course or??

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
How do you judge someone like that? Like what makes you go "they look dumb".
When they skip all their lectures, do their assessments after the deadline, tell me they've failed half their subjects and then tell me their WAM <50

They need not be "dumb" but idk why they are doing something they don't put any effort into

Like I am genuinely scared if people like that are going to be building bridges

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
When they skip all their lectures, do their assessments after the deadline, tell me they've failed half their subjects and then tell me their WAM <50

They need not be "dumb" but idk why they are doing something they don't put any effort into

Like I am genuinely scared if people like that are going to be building bridges
me lel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)