Engineering Mathematics (1 Viewer)

gelobro

HSC
Hi, what topics from the preliminary and HSC extension 1 course should I work on before beginning civil engineering next year? Trying to figure out what I actually need to know.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Hi, what topics from the preliminary and HSC extension 1 course should I work on before beginning civil engineering next year? Trying to figure out what I actually need to know.
It depends on what level of maths you did for your HSC (like 2U etc.). Did you do General? I think you had a thread before but I can't remember what level of maths you said you did (if you said it).

Drsoccerball

HSC
I think Integration, related rates, Further physical applications of calculus.

gelobro

HSC
Yeah i did general (i know, i know, very stupid)

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Yeah i did general (i know, i know, very stupid)
Don't worry.

According to joshman94 (thread: Studying Engineering in University with no maths background), General Maths is good enough.

In another thread (I hate my course . . .), INADIKAP95 (did 2U) you should have nothing to worry. In this same thread, Queenroot reckons "if someone is willing to study hard they can do well in engineering without 2U".

Last edited:

Silly Sausage

HSC
Basically, anything related to calculus and remember your trigonometric identities (you will see a lot of both in your first physics subject and definitely more later on), you will run into probability involving combs and perbs in statistics but it will be more "mechanical" than it was in high-school if you're doing the normal units.

drainbammage

HSC
Basically, anything related to calculus and remember your trigonometric identities (you will see a lot of both in your first physics subject and definitely more later on), you will run into probability involving combs and perbs in statistics but it will be more "mechanical" than it was in high-school if you're doing the normal units.
2u or 3u identities? Or both?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)