Engineering Options (1 Viewer)

KM07

HSC
N/A
Hi,

Need advice, should I go to WSU Engineering or University of Wollongong Engineering. I live in Western Sydney. If I move near and/or to Wollongong, there will be extra expenses e.g. accommodation, food and miscellaneous.

The reason I am asking this is because would moving to Wollongong benefit me when I need to transfer to UNSW or USyd compared to Western Sydney?

Thanks for your help :D

D94

HSC
N/A
Personally, I'd stay in Sydney - the money used for housing etc. could be spent on extra learning resources. If you can't get the marks at WSU, then you won't get the marks at UOW, should you intend to transfer to UNSW or USYD.

Alternatively, if you are able to get into a spot at UNSW or USYD in a Bachelor of Science or another semi-related degree with a lower entry cutoff, then you could internally transfer, which would be less of a hassle.

engineering

HSC
N/A
Why do you "need to transfer" after a year? Is something wrong with the institutions you have named?

Regardless of that, UAC would use a GPA when applying elsewhere - there is no adjustment factor if you are WSU or UOW.

KM07

HSC
N/A
Why do you "need to transfer" after a year? Is something wrong with the institutions you have named?

Regardless of that, UAC would use a GPA when applying elsewhere - there is no adjustment factor if you are WSU or UOW.

Infact no but I get constantly told that the unis in sydney cbd and city are better for engineering.

turntaker

HSC
Infact no but I get constantly told that the unis in sydney cbd and city are better for engineering.
only UNSW is good, UOW has really good engineering from a few people I know that went there.
UTS is pretty good as well.

Last edited:

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
Usyd engo facility is a bit dated imo, but unsw masterrace is stronk

TheRazza

HSC
If you're keen on going to a uni in the CBD, stick with UWS for 1 year and then transfer. I got 1 HD, 1 D, 1 C, 3 P's and 2 F's and managed to transfer to Civil Engineering at UTS. I also know people who failed 3 subjects and got into the same course and even one guy who failed a unit and transferred into USYD Engineering.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)