internships/cadetships for engineering (1 Viewer)

srini1996

HSC
hey guys i am now in my 2nd year of my engineering degree (civil). I was wondering is it a good time now to start looking for internships/cadetships? Also what are some companies that are good to try? Any suggestions, i am new to this and not familiar with the structure and procedure of this, but i do however know i need to do 3 months of work experience to be able to graduate. also is it true people can find work with their related degree even be4 gradating?

Renaaa

HSC
Uni Grad
hey guys i am now in my 2nd year of my engineering degree (civil). I was wondering is it a good time now to start looking for internships/cadetships? Also what are some companies that are good to try? Any suggestions, i am new to this and not familiar with the structure and procedure of this, but i do however know i need to do 3 months of work experience to be able to graduate. also is it true people can find work with their related degree even be4 gradating?
Not sure about internship/cadetships as I'm not in an engineering course,but from what I know from my bf/friends- you can 1) find casual/part time jobs in engineering firms, 2) your internship may lead to a graduate job opportunity 3) you can do research in your related degree (aka find a supervisor) 4) Most people start applying for graduate jobs early in their final year.

ShinjAngel

HSC
Uni Grad
Most universities require a certain amount of work experience done during your study time. Check course requirements. They are different for every uni

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

gradeng18

HSC
N/A
Councils are a great place to start because they accommodate for a lot of fields in civil engineering (assets, surveying,and traffic).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)