Thread: internships/cadetships for engineering

HSC

internships/cadetships for engineering

hey guys i am now in my 2nd year of my engineering degree (civil). I was wondering is it a good time now to start looking for internships/cadetships? Also what are some companies that are good to try? Any suggestions, i am new to this and not familiar with the structure and procedure of this, but i do however know i need to do 3 months of work experience to be able to graduate. also is it true people can find work with their related degree even be4 gradating?

HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: internships/cadetships for engineering

Quote Originally Posted by srini1996 View Post
    hey guys i am now in my 2nd year of my engineering degree (civil). I was wondering is it a good time now to start looking for internships/cadetships? Also what are some companies that are good to try? Any suggestions, i am new to this and not familiar with the structure and procedure of this, but i do however know i need to do 3 months of work experience to be able to graduate. also is it true people can find work with their related degree even be4 gradating?
    Not sure about internship/cadetships as I'm not in an engineering course,but from what I know from my bf/friends- you can 1) find casual/part time jobs in engineering firms, 2) your internship may lead to a graduate job opportunity 3) you can do research in your related degree (aka find a supervisor) 4) Most people start applying for graduate jobs early in their final year.

HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: internships/cadetships for engineering

Most universities require a certain amount of work experience done during your study time. Check course requirements. They are different for every uni

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk
    Currently: BEng(Mechanical and Mechatronics) DipEngPrac
    Total: 15 units
    => Extension 1 English
    => Extension 1 Maths
    => Ancient History
    => Extension History
    => Physics
    => Chemistry
    => Agriculture

Thread Information