Thread: How difficult would be it be to transfer universities

HSC

How difficult would be it be to transfer universities

So my goal is to get into engineering flexible first year. I dont believe i will be able to get a 91 atar for unsw but i believe i can get an 80 for uow. The idea for me is to get into the flexible first year in uow then transfer into unsw to do aerospace engineering (since uow doesnt do it) but i dont know how hard it is to transfer universities.

is it easier to do another course in unsw first then transfer, or stay doing flexible first year in uow then transfer unis?

D94
    HSC
    N/A

Re: How difficult would be it be to transfer universities

Internal transfer is quite easy if you meet the WAM and any course requirements. If you can meet the ATAR cutoff, try for UNSW Science. It has a cutoff of 84, and there are bonus points available in HSC biology, chemistry, geography, mathematics (2/3/4u), physics and earth/env science. These offer at least 1 bonus point per Band 4, 2 for Band 5 and 2/3 for Band 6, with a maximum of 5 bonus points in total.

If you do get into UNSW Science, then it's a matter of taking subjects that overlap with engineering (and a lot do overlap) so that you don't waste a year. Then you will need to meet the 65 WAM requirement, which if you are really capable of engineering and you have the desire to transfer, then you will achieve that WAM.

HSC

Re: How difficult would be it be to transfer universities

Don't forget about FEAS. I'd apply for that if you don't think you'll get the marks.

Thread Information