Advice for a 3U student (1 Viewer)

premking

HSC
I am doing 3U atm, I enjoy it and understand it well most of it besides the odd topic or two. The only problem I have is finding hsc past questions difficult and not being able to think conceptually well enough. I understand the maths but sometimes not straight away, I can go home & reflect on it and then understand. With this in mind, is Engineering a right fit in terms of maths ability, I really do enjoy physics and maths, but would being weak in 3unit have a negative effect once I start?

I know this may be a simple enough question to some of you, but I don't know anyone who can give me a clear enough answer so I'm asking on here.

integral95

HSC
Hsc questions are usually much harder than your typical textbook questions, it's natural that you struggle with those problems initially.
If you consistently get into the habit of understanding those problems as you said, then you'll be fine since your mathematical abilities would improve a lot by the time your final exam comes about.

Personally if I were you, I would just focus on HSC and worry about university a bit later, since there's still a lot of time.
But with that being said, engineering is a great degree for math and physics enthusiast, it does require a lot of work though.

sida1049

HSC
I am doing 3U atm, I enjoy it and understand it well most of it besides the odd topic or two. The only problem I have is finding hsc past questions difficult and not being able to think conceptually well enough. I understand the maths but sometimes not straight away, I can go home & reflect on it and then understand. With this in mind, is Engineering a right fit in terms of maths ability, I really do enjoy physics and maths, but would being weak in 3unit have a negative effect once I start?

I know this may be a simple enough question to some of you, but I don't know anyone who can give me a clear enough answer so I'm asking on here.
I think you'll do just fine in engineering :)

premking

HSC
Hsc questions are usually much harder than your typical textbook questions, it's natural that you struggle with those problems initially.
If you consistently get into the habit of understanding those problems as you said, then you'll be fine since your mathematical abilities would improve a lot by the time your final exam comes about.

Personally if I were you, I would just focus on HSC and worry about university a bit later, since there's still a lot of time.
But with that being said, engineering is a great degree for math and physics enthusiast, it does require a lot of work though.
Sounds encouraging, thank you I will take it on board :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)