Engineering Pathways Australia (1 Viewer)

amloe1

HSC
Hi everyone. Since graduating uni last year, I have had a huge number of conversations with students and grads who are unsure about their study/career pathways. As a side project, I created a website with interactive visual maps for different fields, highlighting pathways that professionals I interviewed and spoke to have taken.

I wanted to share the Engineering pathway with this forum, and ask for feedback/suggestions about the engineering section, as well as the site as a whole.
This pathway includes all Australian undergrad + postgrad courses, as well as information about the different branches of Engineering and alternative career pathways.

The whole site is inteded to help students for free - no ads, no sign-ups, just easy-to-follow information.

Thanks in advance,

-Alon

blyatman

HSC
N/A
It's a pretty nice site, easy on the eyes and simple to navigate. The aerospace engineering section looks pretty cool with the image of the Saturn V rocket from Houston Space Center.

pistachioman

HSC
N/A
Its a pretty cool website! I think it will be helpful to a lot of people. On a personal note, I wanted to see more info on software engineering for my career but couldn't find it, it redirects into electrical engineering.

amloe1

HSC
It's a pretty nice site, easy on the eyes and simple to navigate. The aerospace engineering section looks pretty cool with the image of the Saturn V rocket from Houston Space Center.
Thank you for the feedback - i've tried to make it as user friendly as possible! And my favourite part of the whole site is choosing the images for the pages haha, especially engineering.

Its a pretty cool website! I think it will be helpful to a lot of people. On a personal note, I wanted to see more info on software engineering for my career but couldn't find it, it redirects into electrical engineering.
Thank you - appreciate the feedback! I'm constantly trying to add more info to the site. Right now i've slotted Software engineering into a related job in Electrical engineering, but once I get to the IT pathway, i will expand on software engineering a lot more - and provide it's own page :)

blyatman

HSC
N/A
I also just wanted to mention that while an aerospace engineer can perform those jobs listed on that page, most of the aerospace-related work done is Australia is primarily involved in maintenance, and any roles involving design is typically very limited in nature (e.g. minor modifications to components) or very difficult to come by.

Almost every student I've met who's wanted to do aerospace has a very romanticised view of what type of jobs they'd be doing, and it's always a bubble-burster when they find out otherwise!

amloe1

HSC
I also just wanted to mention that while an aerospace engineer can perform those jobs listed on that page, most of the aerospace-related work done is Australia is primarily involved in maintenance, and any roles involving design is typically very limited in nature (e.g. minor modifications to components) or very difficult to come by.

Almost every student I've met who's wanted to do aerospace has a very romanticised view of what type of jobs they'd be doing, and it's always a bubble-burster when they find out otherwise!
I was just reading another thread about Aerospace on here that said the same thing. I 100% agree. I will add this in the brief description to let people know. Thanks again for your help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)