Aeronautical engineering UNSW vs USYD (1 Viewer)

Lethargist

HSC
N/A
Hi,

Could someone please explain the difference between the UNSW aerospace engineering course, the university of sydney aeronautical engineering, and the university of syndey aeronautical (space) engineering programs.

What are the different focusses of each course, and how are they different/better than each other?

Also, how many positions does each course have available?

Which one do people recommend??

thanks

inasero

Reborn
HSC
unsw has aeronautical but its like a major within the mechanical engineering so at he end of your 4 years u end up with BE(Mech.)...whereas at Sydney they have BE (Aeronautical), which is the engineering of Planes (91.3 UAI if i remeber correctly), or the BE(Aeronautical)(Space) which is bloody hard to get into (2002 UAI=99.3) and involves the enginreering of spacecraft...career opportunities involve employment by NASA....They also have other ones......

http://heifer.ucc.usyd.edu.au/ugcou...sortfield=UAI2003&-sortorder=descending&-find

for more info

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
hehe.. my final option is for aeronautical (space) at Sydney =)
i went to the open days last year, and from what i vaguely remember, it was a lot better than UNSW~~
UNSW's a lot more recognised for its engineering programs, they're supposed to be really good, but Sydney outdoes it as far as aeronautical is concerned. You have the general engineering stuff for the first couple of years where you do all the engineering/physics stuff everyone has to do, and then for the next few or so (??) you split up and focus on aerospace.
But the thing with sydney is that it takes like a whole lotta ppl in for engineering, but only like, 10 or 20 of them are aerospace. Which accounts for the high UAI requirement.

Giant Lobster

HSC
*drool* I soo want to go to that 99.3 Aero space one... no real reason why, but so far cos I like things that fly.. haha pretty lame. Are you sure they only accept 10 or 20? damn thats tight...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)