effective methods of study (1 Viewer)

**blu_rose**

HSC
i'm not too sure how i should study for uni, cuz it is a whole lot different from school so i can't rely on my past methods.

could ppl give me ways which has been working for them ie getting top marks with that

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Well I must firstly say that it really depends on the subject. However, I would say that for the average subject, I attend the lecture then go home and read all the required reading. Then ideally I would do the tutorial questions and then attend the tutorial. However, I usually just attend the tutorial without having answered the questions and then go home and either read the questions (if answers are given) or do them for myself (Note: if it is a mathematical subject I find I have to actually do the questions myself or I will forget how to do it come exam week). Finally, in the week or so before the exam I will read the tutorial answers and maybe glance over a few concepts in the textbook or read the chapter summaries. Following that framework has maintained my WAM at a bit over 80:).

Give it a couple of months/tests and you will know what is required for each subject:).

SweetSeasons

HSC
yeah.. I've decided to actualy do the readings this year.. my education unit which get tested on the stuff that's in the readings so I kind of have to.. I'm gonna summaries all my readings and also my lecture notes.

If you travel on the train for like 30mins - an hour it's a good opp to get all your readings done, but highlight important parts this way it's easy to write notes when u get home because yeah all the important stuff is underlined and you're only reading that.

If you get your summaries done.. then when exam time comes around it's a lot easier.. you can either shorten your already written notes and do past exams or do flash cards and past exam... PAST EXAMS being the key..

Also assignments.. I think starting them as soon as you get them is yeah probably the best thing you could do because it is really hard to find time.. spesh when you're at uni 5 days a week like me and work both days on the weekend..

Hope i kinda helped you

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
sadly, it works the opposite for me. the later its put off and the later i stay up the night beforehand= the higher the mark. whenever i put effort it in goes to shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)