Marketing & Accounting (1 Viewer)

PSsylockE

Does any1 do marketing at uni?

or knows if it is interesting , not to hard, any good?

Is Accounting boring?
cos when i went on work exp. in yr 10 the accountant told me
DO NOT DO ACCOUNTING ITS REALLY BORING.
but i hear u get good pay, so im not sure

im really confused over what i wanna do at uni, any help would be great :)

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
hey!
i'm kinda sorta lookin into marketin too.. so it b good to know if marketin is a good course to take.. jus to hav an idea if its boring or not :p i'd hate to b bored!!
yeah i also thought abt accounting cos they get good pay hehe.. dunno if its all..but some do.

i'm not confused what i wanna do..i know what i wanna do but i'm jus worried i wont get the marks to do the course i want...but yeah i jus need back up..

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
im doing marketing at uni. its pretty interesting and you wont get bored. i also do an accounting subject. it was so boring, didnt turn up to half the lectures. dont just do a degree cause u think it gives good pay. if u dont like it , it aint worth it. and what makes you think you will get a good paying job just cause u do accounting? :)

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
im at uws, marketing isnt my major..but its my submajor. needed 80 to get into it. i think marketing just by itself was a bit higher, not sure.

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
Same here, I was thinking of two directions: Computers (somthing with information technology (not programming)) or somthing to do with Business (Employment Relations, HRM or Marketing)

Marketting sounds really interesting. I'm doing it for business studies, and i've been thinking about it, but i reckon it would be really hard to analyse and devise a marketting plan for a REAL business.

tweakin

Yeh i plan on doing marketing at UWS... the actual marketing cut of for parramatta campus at UWS last year was around 82 me thinks.
But the same course at blacktown campus is only like 68!

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
yeh cos more people go to parramatta so the course is more pop so the uai is higher than the other campus.

i'm thinkin of goin to UWS too..if i dont get in unsw..but not fo marketing :p

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I wanna do BCommerce(accounting)/B Laws, but i fear i wont reach the required UAI...can u get into laws as a postgraduate?

GTR

HSC
I just got the new UAC guide 2003 today. I think it just came out. Its full of information and has last years cutoffs. The one thing i noticed is that the average cutoffs for 2002 are higher than the ones for 2001. This is very annoying and distressing as it probably indicates the the cutoffs for 2003 would substantially increase compared to that of 2002. I want to get into B Economics in UNSW or UTS but the cutoffs are around 91. I don't think i can achieve that. I would be lucky to get around the eighties. B Social Sciences Criminology is another one of my options.

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
r u sayin in the new uac the cutoffs r higher?! :eek:

only for some courses tho rite?!

sharlene84

hi

well i thought accounting was fun becasue i did a certificate course in accounting for my HSC at tafe. and im thinking about doing it in uni. but i think i you should do something that you like and enjoy.

ben

oh goodie - the cutoffs are higher

now i have like 1% chance of getting into the course i want to

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
following the general trend over the years, most courses cut-offs tend to increase every year, if a cutoff for a course u wanted was, say, 91.15, u'd have to aim for higher than that, coz more than likely, the cutoff would increase to mayb 92, depending on the demand for it

Big Willy

Cabra Junkie RULES
HSC
if u get somthing like 90 for example, will they still let you in if u talk to them?

sar

I'd like to do marketing at Wollongong, but do it as a double major with communication studies. I think that would be good. Is any one else looking at marketing at Wollongong?

Toss Bag

YES I WAS INTERESTED IN DOING BACHELOR OF BUSINESS(MARKETING) BUT THEY DONT OFFER IT AT WOLLONGONG. SO I WILL HAVE TO DO IT UNI OF NEWCASTLE BUT I THINK I WONT GET THE CUT OFF I NEED FOR IT.

aLaNa

EVERYBODY !!!! Dont stress about cut offs !!! I was stressing too, cuz I am only doing Standard english & General maths so I was worried that they would get scaled down, PLUS i heard cut offs were rising :( so I called UAC and they explained everything to me bout scaling and all that. With the new HSC they work it so its all evened out btwn courses and no one is disadvantaged. And in regards to cut offs, they change HEAPS every year depending on the candidates applying for particular courses and what RANK they get in the state- (it has NOTHING to do with marks!) Its so confusing, but if you need anymore help or you 're heaps worried, ring UAC cause they explain it heaps well and put your mind at rest!! :) GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! :)

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
"And in regards to cut offs, they change HEAPS every year depending on the candidates applying for particular courses and what RANK they get in the state- (it has NOTHING to do with marks!)"

Judging by the popularity of the thread, i think demand will be higher for bc of commerse this yr.

"it has NOTHING to do with marks!)"
Your UAI is based on your marks. So if sum1 gets 5%, they'll have a low rank....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)