commerce/business (1 Viewer)

mmhmm

at the moment im really confused about what course to do and what uni to go to. ive always wanted to do media/law but recently i havent been sure about doing media cause im not sure if i would like it or if i have a very superficial and unreal view of it. so im deciding to do either just law or just commerce or combined commerce and law.

im currently doing 2u maths and im doing average which is ok not good just ok and so i hate maths i loathe it....i want to do commerce because it allows for a variety of majors and so that will help me cause im not completly sure what to do with my life. im deciding on whether to do commerce at usyd or bussiness at uts......considering that i hate maths and am not too good at it and some of their core subjects are maths based....should i do commerce/bussiness or should i not? i would love some advice from ppl who are currently doing either of these courses.

mmhmm

ancient history
extension his
legal studies
maths (2u)
studies of religion (1u)
ipt
english standard

schwang_thang

my friend's sister is doing bcomm at syd n even tho she didnt exactly go so well in maths at schools she's averaging credits at uni

neways if ure stressed abt the whole maths thing, y dont go 4 commerce (liberal studies)? its less maths based n all
thats wat im goin 4 (even tho im doin a-ok at maths, i think i'd die lookin at numbers all day)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by schwang_thang
my friend's sister is doing bcomm at syd n even tho she didnt exactly go so well in maths at schools she's averaging credits at uni

neways if ure stressed abt the whole maths thing, y dont go 4 commerce (liberal studies)? its less maths based n all
thats wat im goin 4 (even tho im doin a-ok at maths, i think i'd die lookin at numbers all day)
but dont u have to do majors from the science faculty?
if anything, its more maths based since u have to do compulsory statistics n stuff

schwang_thang

Originally posted by MinAi

but dont u have to do majors from the science faculty?
if anything, its more maths based since u have to do compulsory statistics n stuff
yeah i guess so...but it sez in the uac guide 'accounting, economics & econometics is optional rather than compulsory' so im takin it as less maths...but yeah i guess when u gotta do science maths is there 2...ok did i just rock myself then? :confused:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by sif not 99
u can do subjects like human geography in the science faculty for liberal studies that dont have too much mathsy stuff in em
wat the hell is human geography anyway? :D

philbert_frog

isn't econometrics compulsory in BCom at USyd as a 1st year subject.

Econometrics is just another term for statistics which is ALL maths. :(

B

Bambul

I'm in my first year of a Bachelor of Economics at UNSW. I'm actually majoring in Econometrics and found the maths subjects to be harder than I expected. Especially statistics, which I am doing this semmester.

I did 4 unit maths in year 12 and got 95 for 4u and 97 for 3u.

That's not to say I did badly, but the learning curve is quite steep. So keep that in mind, but keep in mind that there are a lot of additional services to assist you in your studies when you get to uni (there are at UNSW, I'm assuming it's the same for USyd and UTS) so if you're willing to put in the effort then don't let my comments deter you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)