What is the required uai for a teacher? (1 Viewer)

WestGuy

Im thinking about doing high school again and this time study and take school seriously.

What is the required uai marks or other required stuff to go to uni to be a teacher?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
depends on which uni
but i think general bachelor of arts or bachelor of science with dip. ed is in the 80's

WestGuy

not to sure what you met by "general bachelor of arts or bachelor of science with dip" i dont understand, please explain to a lost newbie.

So really the uai is 80 :O ... wow i was thinking about thr 60-70 range to be a highschool teacher. :eek:

Alex

and it gets higher, dont you worry. Sydney uni I believe needs in the higher half of the 80's to become a secondary school teacher.

Alex

Well WestGuy, I wish you the best of luck to you in getting your chosen course as well as everyone else out there (regardless of feasibility :p)

jessika

law chicky
HSC
If you want to become a teacher you dont need to repeat, just go to UNE. The UAI for teachers is pretty low there, and you can get on a Principal's Recommendation, so you dont need a high UAI.

WestGuy

Well just say, Ive been to school 40% this year and 80% came at 11am.

Thats why i want to repeat, no chance of a uai of 10.

btw any one know any sites which tell you a average yearly pay for jobs/careers.

Im not to sure what i want to do yet.

bex

HSC
the government has created a website devoted to that.. it would be really helpful right now if i could remember the address... but maybe go to your careers advisor.. they can help you!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)