Bond University...Requirements? (1 Viewer)

Epic

HSC
Have no idea which uni I will attend in '10, just looking around at the moment and I came across Bond - and I'm confused.

I have been looking over the course prerequisites and requirements and for most courses it just says "successful completion of year 12, or the equivalent". So does this mean anyone who has completed yr12, regardless of their UAI can attend? I don't really get it. From what I have heard it is a decent Uni yet they have very minimal entry requirements? Is it hard to get into a course at bond?

Any other helpful info / opinions about bond is welcome..I want to know about the place before i even consider attending.

Last edited:
HSC
bond is a private university. you have to pay full fees.

they fast track their students with 3 semesters a year.

the place is offered after a successful interview, and is also based on your reports from year 11 and 12.

the UAI is not a consideration, as they offer their places before UAIs are released.

-Anfernee-

HSC
So what Scarytiger is trying to say is that basically, if you can pay their high fess and you're not a complete academic failure, you're pretty much in.

HSC
-Anfernee- said:
So what Scarytiger is trying to say is that basically, if you can pay their high fess and you're not a complete academic failure, you're pretty much in.
yeah. and when we visited they said "some students opt to pay a little extra":read:

its a lovely campus, and a girl got a half scholarship at my school.

Epic

HSC
The location and campus are what attracts me to the university as well as the low student to staff ratio which i think would be very beneficial. And also the fact that you can complete your degree in half the time is awesome.

Do you think they would care if you payed the fees via HECS or FEE-HELP? Or would major preference be given to those who can pay straight up?

I'm getting the idea that the uni welcomes money before grades, but i dont have 50k sitting in my bank lol.

Last edited:
HSC
Epic said:
The location and campus are what attracts me to the university as well as the low student to staff ratio which i think would be very beneficial. And also the fact that you can complete your degree in half the time is awesome.

Do you think they would care if you payed the fees via HECS or FEE-HELP? Or would major preference be given to those who can pay straight up?

I'm getting the idea that the uni welcomes money before grades, but i dont have 50k sitting in my bank lol.
you cant actually get hecs with it.

though i think they said the have some sort of payment plan?

Epic

HSC
scaredytiger said:
you cant actually get hecs with it.

though i think they said the have some sort of payment plan?
they have something called "fee-help":

bond said:
Administered by the Australian Taxation Office, FEE-HELP allows students* to borrow up to $81,600 for all degrees except for medicine which has a $102,000 FEE-HELP limit.

Bond would be one of the only uni's in QLD i would consider going to, would be great to hear some opinions from people that go there, the bond forum section seems pretty dead though..

Last edited:

billbro

HSC
N/A
Not being a Queenslander, my perception of the university is limited to how they are portrayed in the media. A university for the wealthy who pay to get enter, doesn't send off the best impressions personally.

hayleyemma96

HSC
I had my interview today, not realising the Bachelor of Laws costs $120,000. Even with a half scholarship, it's $20,000 more than the same course at Macquarie or Central Queensland + 25% interest if you defer the fees via FEE-HELP
Looks like Macquarie it is then...I'd rather do a lower ATAR course if I don't get 80+ then transfer than pay almost triple the amount to not have a dependence on ATAR and finish a year earlier

Hayley :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)