Confused (1 Viewer)

"Chubby"

HSC
Hi guys, just want some thoughts

I did a year of B Business and Commerce UWS in 08 and a year of B Arts/Masters of teaching (Primary) at UWS in 09 and got a main round offer this year at ACU for primary teaching (ATAR 85. something) but declined it due to not choosing preferences accurately. At that time I would have preferred to stay at UWS rather then go to ACU.

For the early February round offers I put B Ed (Early Childhood Ed) at Macquarie as my first preference but didn't get. I'm just a bit buggered as there are still vacancies in the course and the ATAR is 76.00. I reckon i have sufficient qualifications as I did get into a 85. something ATAR course at ACU and I passed all my subjects at UWS with the exception of one unit where i got a N.

What do you guys reckon? is it worth calling up UAC/Macquarie and asking? thanks.

Last edited:

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
You can certainly call, but don't expect anything helpful. MQ's admin is known to be absolutely shocking.

Was the 76.00 for main round or early February round?

"Chubby"

HSC
I see. Thanks for replying.
76.00 is for early February round and 75.05 for main round.

Andi0390

HSC
Your entrance rank is calculated by averaging your GPA rank with your UAI. A pass GPA average was a UAI of around 83, so probably an 84 ATAR or something. You should be able to work out what your rank is.

Did you get a really low UAI? If so, that could be what is pulling you down. I am sorry you didn't get in the course you wanted, but I am pretty sure these things aren't random, there has to be a reason why you haven't gotten in.

So check that your application is correct, you have supplied all relevent documents and done the correct preferences. Check you satisfy any extra entry criteria. Then go into the Transfer thread and work out what your UAI equivalent rank would be, there is a whole stickied thread on it, and if you want you can turn that final number into an ATAR.

If you still can't see a problem contact the administration of either UAC or Macquarie, and if you call try to get an email address you can follow things up with - like say "I called today and spoke to x and am just confirming that the action to do with xyz matter is whatever" so you can have everything documented.

Also, the entrances displayed on the cut-offs are for ATAR entrances. As you are a NRSL and you are not applying for admission on the basis of your ATAR then that rank is not as applicable for you - its more a guide. So if the cut- off for a course was 85 but you only got 78 or something they may have let you in anyway but it won't show up on the cut-offs pdf. You can't presume to know your selection rank by what you have achieved admission into.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)