Paying for University Fees But NOT Graduating (1 Viewer)

Simon_Adebisi

HSC
N/A
Hey,

I went to University of Western Sydney in 2007 studying Business Marketing and I quit shortly after the first semester

then I went to university again at UTS Insearch in 2009 studying Diploma of Business I also quit during the second semester

HOW and WHY I quit is not important!

I just NEED to KNOW if I still have to pay of the uni fees owed (which goes up to a couple thousands)

I know that when you graduate from uni and get a job when you make a certain amount of income you pay off the fees in a form of tax or payment plan

But in this case I quit not long after I enrolled, yet will I have to pay of the fees? and are they also paid off when I make a certain income from my job?

Please let me know!

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Assuming your UWS program was a bachelor's degree, you most likely have a debt to the Commonwealth if you were enrolled in courses on the relevant semester's census date (for Semester 1 this is 31 March). In this case you should have at some point in April of that year received a Commonwealth Assistance Notice detailing the amount owed, and that amount will be collected by the Tax Office through compulsory repayments when you earn over the threshold amount of about $45k or so.

I'm not sure if the Insearch program would be Commonwealth supported as it's a Diploma. However you may still have a Commonwealth loan under the FEE-HELP program, and again once you're over the appropriate income threshold your employer will withhold a compulsory repayment and send it to the ATO. If you don't have a government loan, then you probably have to ask UTS and see what they say.

DTFM

HSC
Why the hell would you think you wouldn't have to pay for it? Are you a fucking idiot?

Roguedeth

HSC
You will have to pay, as stated there are census dates where you can drop out with any financial penalty however since you dropped out during second semester the first semester census date has passed and you will need to pay.

Throwing money away good job!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)