One thing that makes me feel bad about Australian Universities (1 Viewer)

J

joshualee

Sorry for being too cynical every time but this is my 'subjective' and 'personal' opinion so do not take this too seriously but one strategy Universities in Australia use is 'RANKING'.

I don't know but it seems so ridiculous to say something like 'we ranked 16th in the world according to TIMES whatever.'

The world ranking system I believe is a minor factor that students should consider not the major thing I believe but it seems that whenever these Universities advertise them, they use this ranking why are they so passionate about using these biased ranking system?

I mean take the example of Harvard University. I have never seen Harvard faculty pompously aggrandizing their university by stating the world ranking system though they are ranked no. 1 in the world.

Australian Universities are very good I acknowledge that they are one of the best throughout the other universities in the world but I believe that they should stick to other information such as the quality of University in terms of its history, its excellence in program using other proofs.

No offense

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
they're small and insiginficant so they need to boast

harvad has no need for this

also, pretty much everything in australian culture is exactly the same, we're the "best in the world, moit"

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
My universities high level of expenditure on research improves the quality of my undergraduate degree because...

um...

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
My universities high level of expenditure on research improves the quality of my undergraduate degree because...

um...
You're being taught by people leading important work in their field, and have a chance to work with them on stuff in 3rd/4th year?

It's not completely trivial...

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
You're being taught by people leading important work in their field, and have a chance to work with them on stuff in 3rd/4th year?

It's not completely trivial...
Which doesn't always mean they're good teachers - but of course you get bad teaching in every educational institution, no matter how research-intensive.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
ur right. i shouldve moved to sydney and studied MBBS at UWS. *regrets* fml

by looking at the websites between Aus and overseas universities, i dont see any that explicitly stating the rank on the homepage. so i assume ur talking about guest speakers, advertisments, posters, brochures etc.
but unless u have lived in the UK/US ur argument is completely invalid since ur assuming that overseas unis dont use these mediums.

Kralex

HSC
ur right. i shouldve moved to sydney and studied MBBS at UWS. *regrets* fml
Nothing in the OP insinuates that you should study at an inferior University you fucking idiot. Are you fucking retarded? How did you even get into Med? The OP merely stated that the universities should use other means of advertising their universities other than rankings.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
Nothing wrong with UWS med... brand new facilities, very modern program. Has some advantages over the old unis.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Nothing in the OP insinuates that you should study at an inferior University you fucking idiot. Are you fucking retarded? How did you even get into Med? The OP merely stated that the universities should use other means of advertising their universities other than rankings.
calm down u fkn ADHD retard b4 u get a brain aneurysm. i can see ur going to be at UWS, if u make it into uni at all. btw, i cant prescribe ritalin but if u ask ur local GP im sure they can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)