double degree - bscience/education (primary)? (1 Viewer)

Lynns

HSC
hey peopleee,
i was just wondering if there is a double degree available for bachelor science and primary education together ?
most preferably would be usyd, unsw, macquarie, uts..
but if not, please state and the atar required, thankyou :)

Lynns

HSC
yeah i saw that one; but its only for secondary education. not primary :(

Lynns

HSC
oh really?
that sucks so bad..
because i want to be a primary school teacher, but i want to learn about psychology.. not wishing to be a registered psychologist or anything.. but a major in psych so i can at least be school counsellor or something.
and i want to do it in the science degree instead of arts..

lilly1988

HSC
B Arts (Psych)/ DipEd at Macquarie is probably the closest you'll get.

Alternately, you could do a straight B Science and then graduate teaching. You'll have to check for the other unis, but USYD will accept you into M Teaching (primary) if you've done a certain number of prerequisite subject areas (see here), so you'd probably have to plan carefully and incorporate some humanities stuff into your science degree.

Lynns

HSC
B Arts (Psych)/ DipEd at Macquarie is probably the closest you'll get.

Alternately, you could do a straight B Science and then graduate teaching. You'll have to check for the other unis, but USYD will accept you into M Teaching (primary) if you've done a certain number of prerequisite subject areas (see here), so you'd probably have to plan carefully and incorporate some humanities stuff into your science degree.
Thank you Lilly for your suggestion. That was the one I saw as well, as close as it can get. And did you mean, get into single degree B science then graduate teaching ? how do I do that ? How can you graduate teaching from the science degree :O im lost , sorry =P

OOH did you mean, do science degree first , finish it then start teaching degree? then graduate then do Masters?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)