Awesome uni vs. the closer uni (1 Viewer)

L3374

HSC
So I already know there is a good chance of getting into the uni I want BUT it's further away than the "local" uni, which isn't as great.
I've been working my butt off to get a great mark which so far, I achieved.
Now I'm going to be defeated by... Travel? :evilfire:

and I can't afford on-campus accom. and... my mum isn't too keen either.

Anyone with the same problem??

HSC
Uni Grad
For what reason would you not want to go to the closer uni?

chrisnumber1

HSC
there is this thing called a train, you hop on it and sit, sometimes stand for an extended period of time. if your lucky like me you then get off the train and onto another, then another, then another. after this period of time you arrive a university. once you get to uni find a person of the opposite gender(or same if your that way inclined, or really desperate) befriend them and "crash" at theirs on a regular basis. problem solved.

chrisnumber1

HSC
hop in a taxi, select your destination and press a to skip at additional cost. or call your cousin roman and select car service and you can get there for free!

HSC
Uni Grad
it's the uni where ANYONE can get in.

I haven't been trying so hard to only get into an easy uni.
If they have the degree which you want to do and it's in close proximity to where you live, what more can you ask for?

L3374

HSC
If they have the degree which you want to do and it's in close proximity to where you live, what more can you ask for?
I guess so.
It's just, I've always been at crap high schools that have bad reps. I'm working to get out of here and not be stuck with the same people.

So I need some sort of solution.

HSC
Uni Grad
Well, is there no viable transport method that can get you to the better uni?

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Take a train
or
Get a part time job to pay for campus accomodation

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
My closest uni that offers my course is 3 1/2 hours away. Sydney is only another 1 and a bit after that. Thus I'm going to USyd. Choose the better uni if you can scrounge up some more money - I'm going to be going off Youth Allowance.

Sammy2011

HSC
I know what you mean. I go to a school with a bad reputation, and I can't wait to go somewhere like Sydney Uni, even though my local one (Newcastle University) would be far more convenient.

I don't really have a choice though, only 2 Universities in NSW offer the Veterinary Science course. If you really want to go to this Uni, the best advice is what others have already said. Sacrifice getting up in the morning to catch the train/bus, or work hard to save the money for rent.

youandmexo

HSC
I was in this position last year. UWS is my closer uni. It takes me literally like 2mins to walk to. Instead I chose to go to USYD for obvious reasons. I would rather travel 3hrs everyday to get to and from uni than to graduate from a university with a bad reputation but thats just me :)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
yeah you're an idiot that's why

fuck is with the emphasis on unis nowadays

you could have high marks from usyd/unsw but if you're socially retarded and inept at application and being in the workforce, who the hell wants to hire you

X2RADialbomber

mandapanda
HSC
It depends on what degree you want to study too. Based on my experiences with my friend who does B Computer Science at Usyd and my brother who completed his B Computer Science at UWS, there are differences in the ways the degrees are taught depending on where you go. They are both taught quite differently and there are many different subjects you can take. Look at which university offers the subjects that interest you the most and try to make some sort of pros/cons list. Each university is good for different things so I would personally look at what both universities have to offer. :)

duckcowhybrid

HSC
your statement is true up to a certain degree
Depends what degree. Most degrees that lead into grad programs have this as a fact.

yeah you're an idiot that's why

fuck is with the emphasis on unis nowadays

you could have high marks from usyd/unsw but if you're socially retarded and inept at application and being in the workforce, who the hell wants to hire you
Often for Investment Banking etc if your Resume has anything other than UNSW/USyd etc it gets chucked straight in the bin. At least you could get in the interview with the other 2, even if you fail socially.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Depends what degree. Most degrees that lead into grad programs have this as a fact.

Often for Investment Banking etc if your Resume has anything other than UNSW/USyd etc it gets chucked straight in the bin. At least you could get in the interview with the other 2, even if you fail socially.
one example =/= valid for your whole point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)