Anyone have information or experience for alternative entry into Uni? (1 Viewer)

azN-

HSC
serious answer plz.

Just say i really want to do B Planning that is 85 ATAR in UNSW and i got 75 is there anyway that i can still get in?

I don't want to do the tafe option and transfer because it takes too long. Is there a foundation course or some other way i can get in?

also

i also heard about SIBT @ macquarie.. what is that about? is it an alternative pathway?

DanielJW

HSC
N/A
serious answer plz.
Just say i really want to do B Planning that is 85 ATAR in UNSW and i got 75 is there anyway that i can still get in?
Their website says the 2010 cutoff was 80.05.
Bachelor of Planning - Scholarships & Awards

Also, they seem to have a 'bonus points' system, where if you did well in a subject that's related to the degree your applying for, you get bonus points added to your atar.
UNSW: The University of New South Wales - Sydney Australia - FUTURE STUDENTS

Did you do well in:
Design &Technology
English Adv
Geography

Those are the subjects that will give you bonus points when applying for planning.
UNSW HSC Plus 2010

It allows a maximum of +5 to your atar. If you're eligible for that, it'll give you a total atar of 80 (2010 cutoff was 80.05) and you may be able to just scrape through. Probably not exactly the best odds of getting in, but it's something and you can always preference the foundations course 2nd, or whatever you decide on doing.

DanielJW

HSC
N/A
3rd & final suggestion.

Have you considered applying for another course that has a lower entry requirement, doing well for a semester or 2, then transferring to planning? Preferably a course which has 1st year units similar to the 1st year units of planning, so you can get some exemptions.

As always, consult with unsw before going for this option. Don't start another degree on the assumption that you'll be allowed to transfer to planning.

nutting

HSC
Resit HSC or have you considered Taylors College and similar ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)