Some questions about Sydney College of the Arts (1 Viewer)

FaceForRadio

HSC
I'm planning on enrolling at SCA for next year, but I have some questions about the uni itself. None of my art teachers went there or know any past students from my school that went, and our careers advisor has limited information on it.

Firstly, are there any open days specifically for SCA at the Rozelle campus? I know Sydney Uni has an open day on the 28th of September, but I don't know if it has anything about SCA.

Secondly, I read that SCA's admission is based on portfolio and interview, rather than ATAR, but will the fact that I am not obtaining an ATAR affect my chances of getting in?

Minor question: Where's the closest train station?

Any general information from students of SCA would also be appreciated :)

Thankyou!

HSC
Did you have a look through the entry requirements on their website?

'A combination of your ATAR and additional selection criteria will be considered for entry to the Bachelor of Visual Arts. You must submit, in addition to your UAC application, a Bachelor of Visual Arts Questionnaire directly to Sydney College of the Arts by 30 September 2010 (for interviews in late November and early December). Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a brief interview where they will present a portfolio of their art work. Shortlisted applicants will be advised in early November of the date and time of their interview and should note that owing to the large numbers of applicants it may not be possible to change these appointments.'

Flexible Entry - Future Students - The University of Sydney

FaceForRadio

HSC
So I take it, that means I have no hope since I am not getting an ATAR, even though UAC says there is no ATAR requirement. That sucks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)