Low grade average... what more can I do? (1 Viewer)

WannaBeLaw

HSC
hey guys, i had a lot of family problems this year, my younger sister died and i really struggled with my work. i'm just barely passing, but i needed a 70% average for my course next year.

i don't want to bring up my family problems as it's very personal, so what else can i do when i apply?

thanks

merillem

HSC
That's really sad news and I think anyone would think the same Reading it.it's nothing to be ashamed of and it's a completely legitimate reason to raise for your marks. It will certainly be considered if you are willing to talk about it. Good luck because that's a tough thing to go through and anyone would understand why you're reluctant to relive it.

nutting

HSC
hey guys, i had a lot of family problems this year, my younger sister died and i really struggled with my work. i'm just barely passing, but i needed a 70% average for my course next year.
This is not as daunting as you think:

May I suggest you get rid of all preconceived ideas about going to the " best" university.
All universities in Australia are good enough to get you employed. You dont need to get study at the " best" . The "best" is often the most 'famous" but has no direct correlation to quality either way.

Less famous universities , and esp those furthest from big cities often have lower admission barriers.

Also have you considered something else besides Law?
Think outside the square. Not the end of the world if you are not in Law.
Life as a Lawyer can be quite strenuous sand hectic.

There may be other fields you may like to consider.
Some ideas on how to make choices:

How to choose a university in Australia

How to Choose a degree

Good luck !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)