Uni difficulty over length of degree (1 Viewer)

terminator69

HSC
How have people found the difficulty of their course in the first year compared to the 2nd, 3rd etc? Is it about the same or does it get progressively harder? Is the first year/semester an outlier for how difficult the rest is?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
In my experience not really. As you move through your degree you have to start taking more advanced courses, the content of which can at time be very demanding/challenging (i am only in my second year but i take 3rd/4th year courses)

Last edited:

chewy123

OAM, FAICD, FAAS, MBBS
HSC
It depends on the course I suppose, but generally it would get more difficult, though not necessarily in a frightening way. You'd be more prepared for more difficult stuff as you progress.

izzy88

HSC
depends on the university/course. I would generally say there is an increase in difficulty between first and second year, but after that it depends on the course/uni.

eg. at usyd doing arts in some subject areas (eg. history/ancient history) there is no difference between second and third year subjects (you just do 2000 level units for two years). Some subjects may offer special third year units, but they are rare, and you may only end up doing one or two in third year, the rest are just 2000 level units.

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
depends on the university/course.
Yup, This.

I guess people might find different years harder than others though. Some people might find first year the hardest as they struggle to adapt to the different learning style in university as opposed to secondary school, and other may struggle to stay motivated throughout the latter stages of their course. Generally though the course content is easiest in first year, well that's the case for my degree anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)