No courses related to my interests seem appealing (1 Viewer)

top shelf jazz

HSC
Well I'm halfway through my first year studying a bachelor of engineering, haven't majored yet, however I'm not enjoying it. I'm relatively good at the subjects, I achieved some pretty nice marks for first semester, but its not satisfying and I don't think I want to pursue this as a career.

I've looked into other courses, I tossed up some form of design or architecture but the job opportunities seem uninteresting to me.

I'm angling towards biotechnology, majoring in nanotechnology, mostly because its quite interesting in my opinion but I have hardly researched the topic so this is subject to change.

I'm lost, I really don't know what to do. Any advice would be appreciated

terminator69

HSC
Wouldn't it have been better to do this a month ago so you could have changed degrees and started this semester? Have you looked at the future subjects that you will take in the engineering degree's later years? If these still fail to satisfy you, you might as well change. As for what to change to; only you can decide.

Tirole

HSC
What university are you at?
You should try and change to a more flexible generalist degree (B.Sc for example) that allows for more subject experimentation.
Depending on the university, a less structured degree may also mean you can take subjects from totally different departments (i.e. finance).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)