How does the second round offer thingo work? (1 Viewer)

troika_

HSC
I got an ATAR of 97.40. (102.40 if you add the bonus points on for unsw)

my first preference is USYD Power Engineering which had an atar cutoff of 95.9 (off the top of my head)

my second preference is UNSW Electrical engineering atar cutoff of 91-92 (again off the top of my head)

if it turns out i want to go to UNSW (2nd pref) and change it to first pref for 2nd round what happens? (do i have to reject the usyd offer? will it be harder to get into unsw in 2nd round?)

PS-don't respond if you just want to say unsw is better for engineering

blackratpoo

HSC
You accept the first offer. Even if you dont want to go there, you accept. Just because you accept it doesnt mean you have to apply. Then when second round offers come around, if positions are still available at the unsw course, you will be offered that one and you will accept that one too and enrol into the one you want. You must accept your main round offer or you risk coz there might be no availability in your other preferences and your second round offer could be like your eigth preference. i think that's how it works anyways.

twistedrebel

HSC
if you get 1st preference in main round, you arent considered for later rounds or thats what i've heard.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
if u get 1st preference in main round u wont be considered for later rounds UNLESS you change the order of your preferences and put your 1st preference like down the bottom of the list (preferably last)

you will accept your first round offer. If you change order of preference you can still keep that offer. They will then give you another offer if available. In that case you can choose to decline the new offer and keep the old offer or accept the new offer and unaccept the 1st offer

Ekirra

HSC
Hi I have a question which I think fits in to this thread

Say you accept a main round offer and enrolment is shortly after and you go through all the enrolment procedures...

my point is that early feb offers come out after enrolment period...so if you do get an offer then, what do you do =/?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
If you choose to accept the later offer, you must notify the other institution of your withdrawal. You don't incur any financial liabilities until the end of March, so you can withdraw without any penalties.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I got an ATAR of 97.40. (102.40 if you add the bonus points on for unsw)

my first preference is USYD Power Engineering which had an atar cutoff of 95.9 (off the top of my head)

my second preference is UNSW Electrical engineering atar cutoff of 91-92 (again off the top of my head)

if it turns out i want to go to UNSW (2nd pref) and change it to first pref for 2nd round what happens? (do i have to reject the usyd offer? will it be harder to get into unsw in 2nd round?)

PS-don't respond if you just want to say unsw is better for engineering
loled pretty hard. Not quite how it works :p

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Damn, I thought I got the highest ATAR for UNSW contention at 100.40 <_<

Okay troika_, I admit defeat =P

troika_

HSC
if u get 1st preference in main round u wont be considered for later rounds UNLESS you change the order of your preferences and put your 1st preference like down the bottom of the list (preferably last)

you will accept your first round offer. If you change order of preference you can still keep that offer. They will then give you another offer if available. In that case you can choose to decline the new offer and keep the old offer or accept the new offer and unaccept the 1st offer
So just to confirm: ON THE 20TH, I accept the offer i'm given and then change my preferences around?

loled pretty hard. Not quite how it works :p
If you're talking about the 102 atar I'm not sure if they cap all bonuses at 99.95 or what. They don't explicitly say if you are placed at a higher position than a guy with 99.95 atar with no bonus points. *shrugs*

Damn, I thought I got the highest ATAR for UNSW contention at 100.40 <_<

Okay troika_, I admit defeat =P
Apologies but I'm not the highest. There are all the 97.45ers with 5 bonus points =[ Sad fist bump?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If you're talking about the 102 atar I'm not sure if they cap all bonuses at 99.95 or what. They don't explicitly say if you are placed at a higher position than a guy with 99.95 atar with no bonus points. *shrugs*
I'm fairly certain they cap out. i.e. Somone who acheive 99.95 will get equal consideration as someone who has bonus points that push their mark higher.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
So I'm with equal contention with the 99.95-ers? /me cries

IT'S ALL I COULD HAVE EVER ASKED FOR!

More seriously, troika_ - you can accept the offer on the 19th - and then you can change your preferences around.

Akiheart

HSC
N/A
If you choose to accept the later offer, you must notify the other institution of your withdrawal. You don't incur any financial liabilities until the end of March, so you can withdraw without any penalties.
So just to confirm, if you accept and enrol in a main round offer, you are still able to receive, accept and enrol in any future higher preference second round offers ?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yes, provided you opt out or withdraw from your first round offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)