Importance of using notes? (1 Viewer)

Flukezguy

HSC
So i am one of those people that didn't take the HSC as serious as i should have. During the HSC i rarely took notes in class and if i did i would never read them again. I know i should change but i'm been saying that to myself for the entire HSC. What i wanted to know is if i don't change my attitude towards study, am i screwed for University? and also the importance of having notes.

zehurricane

Capitalism, Ho!
HSC
Lecture notes~~~ write shit on it and you be fine.

So long as you understand the concept on whatever subject you do.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
So i am one of those people that didn't take the HSC as serious as i should have. During the HSC i rarely took notes in class and if i did i would never read them again. I know i should change but i'm been saying that to myself for the entire HSC. What i wanted to know is if i don't change my attitude towards study, am i screwed for University? and also the importance of having notes.
Unless you listen very well/have super discipline outside of class and can learn autonomously, then yes you're sort of screwed. I found uni to be very hard to cope with and had to completely change my studying system form the HSC.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Unless you listen very well/have super discipline outside of class and can learn autonomously, then yes you're sort of screwed. I found uni to be very hard to cope with and had to completely change my studying system form the HSC.
this guy is a retard

you can past first year maths by knowing what dy/dx is, first year econs you need to know nothing, first year accounting nothing... only one i needed to know anything was comp science but i didn't put in the effort anyway.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It does depend on the classes you do, but yeah, many you can do reasonably well in without taking notes at all.

myst1fy

HSC
N/A
you'd be able access your material from your unis e-learning system that your lecturer uses.

chaminda

HSC
Dude, don't worry too much about note taking. I've been at uni for over 8 years trust me. These days you have power point lecture slides which are uploaded so students can access them. Best thing to do IMHO is to download these lecture slides before your lecture and skim read them and come to the lecture the next day. Easy!. Note taking is important for stuff like exam dates and stuff like that.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
this guy is a retard

you can past first year maths by knowing what dy/dx is, first year econs you need to know nothing, first year accounting nothing... only one i needed to know anything was comp science but i didn't put in the effort anyway.
aren't you the guy with a 54 wam

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
My WAM is 61 LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL HES WHITE AND DOING MATHS WITHOUT A SCORE OF 100 IN MX2
61 wam and calling someone else retarded for changing their study methods for uni, nice

also, i didn't get 100 in mx2 but for all my math subjects i've HD'd them all

sux2bu

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
61 wam and calling someone else retarded for changing their study methods for uni, nice

also, i didn't get 100 in mx2 but for all my math subjects i've HD'd them all

sux2bu
gg take this guys opinion he is pro

chefman21

HSC
N/A
I tend to think take notes in your first semester to see how you go and if you need them. If you find that you need them, keep taking notes. If not, then reign it back in. Pretty simple.

Flukezguy

HSC
well if it depends on what course your doing then is engineering/commerce hard?

ascentyx

HSC
yeah it really depends, I've gotten 2 years through an actuarial degree without even bringing a pen to the lectures lol. (all of our content is online + all the learning is done through the comprehensive lecture notes and tutorials)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)