Final Round Offer (1 Viewer)

greenblur

HSC
N/A
Can anyone explain to me what this is? I entered a STAT test and missed out the main round offer, so i'm really worried

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
A Final Round Offer is the last round of offers that will be released February 10-ish I think it is.

Next after the main round is the Early February Round, then the Final Round.

greenblur

HSC
N/A
So, does that mean i am last priority in accepting courses?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
So, does that mean i am last priority in accepting courses?
Err.. well, you'll have to give us more information. I don't know.

What I do know is that if they gave you a Final Round Offer, they'll want to see if anyone takes the course in the first two rounds. So probably yes, they've put you in as "someone to admit if no one else wants the course" - in my belief.

But wait for someone else though. They may know more!

greenblur

HSC
N/A
I'm going doing a STAT test but it says this

15 January 2011 STAT results will not be considered by UAC for the Main Round of offers; results may not be considered for the Early
February Round of offers, but are guaranteed for inclusion in the Final Round of offers.

Pharmacy is what i am after but Optom is 1st priority

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Oh okay, so I suppose that happens because they want the HSC people to be enrolled first before they offer any STAT people in. So what they'll do is that Pharmacy and Optometry thing will be advertised as it has, and HSC students can put that in their preferences.

They have a limited number of spots they need filled, and so in the Main Round - they'll fill in who they can. In the Early Feb. Round, they'll fill in who they can (if there is still space!) - and then if there is still a spot, then your selection rank in the STAT will be used to determine if you can get in via the Final Round.

greenblur

HSC
N/A
Thanks for that info, now i just have to hope that i will do very well in STAT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)