Making new friends at university?? (1 Viewer)

tjhunt11

HSC
Just wondering how hard is it to make new friends at university because say if your a local it would be harder to make friends at uni because you dont live there, How would you make a group of friends if your changing classes and all that every semester?? Would it be hard making friends at uni if you dont know anyone there? because that will be my case haha.

cheers :)

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
this guy i know just adds all his acquaintances on facebook
he usually begins a conversation by needlessly asking a chosen random "is this math1001" or whatever

tjhunt11

HSC
this guy i know just adds all his acquaintances on facebook
he usually begins a conversation by needlessly asking a chosen random "is this math1001" or whatever
they must think he's a complete retard for not knowing which lecture he is in hahaahahaha :)

chaminda

HSC
Hi Tjhunt11,

Well I have been at uni for 8 years and making friends comes and goes. I have met many people and have lost contact of course as we go our own ways. Don't worry if you do not know anyone when you go to uni for the first time.

A lot of people whould be in the same position as you. The MOST easiest way to initiate friendship is to discuss uni work and how you can help each other (i.e. sharing notes, answers...).

Last edited:

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
If you're in a college, you'll find plenty of friends there. Also get involved with student clubs.

Back in first semester I was posting in the ANU forum here, and a few weeks in someone wrote 'you sound awfully like someone in one of my tutes - are you doing Introduction to Politics and writing the Gough Whitlam essay by any chance?' - she's now one of my closest friends at uni. :p So track down BOS people as well...

tjhunt11

HSC
If you're in a college, you'll find plenty of friends there. Also get involved with student clubs.

Back in first semester I was posting in the ANU forum here, and a few weeks in someone wrote 'you sound awfully like someone in one of my tutes - are you doing Introduction to Politics and writing the Gough Whitlam essay by any chance?' - she's now one of my closest friends at uni. :p So track down BOS people as well...
nah haha, im going to be doing commerce there but i will be next year :) yeah true that, i would be suprised if i saw you at ANU, you could give me a tour hahaha :p oh yeah how did you apply for accomodation there? :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)