Com/Eng (1 Viewer)

lolcat123

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, just got back from a holiday. I am a 2nd year doing Comm/Eng at UNSW. Would like some help with enrolling as I am a bit confused.

1st year, I did MATH1141 + MATH1241, PHYS1131 + PHYS1231, COMP1911 + COMP1921, ENGG1000 + elective, the standard Engineering subjects. Now in 1st sem I'd like to do all Commerce subjects, keeping in mind I wish to major in Acturial Studies.

I am attempting to enroll in ACCT1501, ECON1101, MATH1151 and MGMT1001. However, the system says regarding MATH1151: "Excluded by MATH1141, passed in Sem1 2010" and won't let me enroll in that.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

HSC
N/A
Yeh if you do Higher Math 1A , you dont have to do Math for Actuaries 1A. Check with the school of business if they will allow you major in actuary with Higher Math 1A, I think they would if you got a good mark for it

lolcat123

HSC
N/A
I see, thanks. Meanwhile, to avoid missing out on good session times (esp with offers being released today), should I just enroll in ECON1203 instead, as I don't think MATH1251 is run in Sem1. Or just enroll the other 3 subjects?

lolcat123

HSC
N/A
haha nice. Suggested program, is that "Science & Engineering courses 24 units of credit"? What subs you doing this sem?

Hyperactive

HSC
what compulsory 1st year comm courses are we meant to take?
and i also understand we are only allowed a major and no minors
oh 2nd year eng(mech)/comm

HSC
N/A
what compulsory 1st year comm courses are we meant to take?
and i also understand we are only allowed a major and no minors
oh 2nd year eng(mech)/comm
the whole first year is usually engineering subjects

your first semester subjects should be something like :

- Physics 1A or Higher Physics 1A
- Math 1A or Higher Math 1A
- ENGG1000 group project
- A computer course , either "computing 1A" or " Computing For Engineers"

Hyperactive

HSC
I mean what compulsory commerce subjects are we required to do before choosing a major?
i did all engineering subjects last year :p

lolcat123

HSC
N/A
Ahk. But it's ok to take all Comm subjects this year (which I prefer), and mix it up next year right?

HSC
N/A
Ahk. But it's ok to take all Comm subjects this year (which I prefer), and mix it up next year right?
possibly, but remember some subjects have prerequisites which could screw you up , and you could possibly have to go to uni for an extra semester or two before getting your final degree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)