HELP HELP HELP Plz (1 Viewer)

Quackersome

HSC
N/A
Ok, what should I do?

I have one offer ONLY and it is in my 'backup' (joke) course. I made it to a B Socio-legal studies and it is the course that I don't want to do. I put it in my 6th preference. The other courses I put down were fanciful, 1-5 were law + med + eng etc etc... I really wanted to do commerce or economics at UNSW but I put them as my 7th and 8th pref because I thought I would get in. Including bonus points, at UNSW I would be 100+ so I thought I would get in definitely. But now I didn't get in. SO what should I do?

I really want to do commerce at UNSW.

HSC
If you'd read the other threads, you accept this offer, but change your preferences before the next round, and you should get another offer.

Please correct me, if i'm wrong.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
It seems you failed to understand the concept of preferences. Poor decision on your part.

All you can do is put the courses you ACTUALLY want to do in proper chronological order and wait for the February offers.

Quackersome

HSC
N/A
If you'd read the other threads, you accept this offer, but change your preferences before the next round, and you should get another offer.

Please correct me, if i'm wrong.
I haven't read other threads but are you saying that I accept the offer by registering at the uni itself but simultaneously change preferences to try get another offer? How does that work though? If everyone hogs onto their spots, how will we know if there is any vacancy? I called ANU for example asking about commerce and they said there is no vacancy, don't bother applying :(

It seems you failed to understand the concept of preferences. Poor decision on your part.

All you can do is put the courses you ACTUALLY want to do in proper chronological order and wait for the February offers.
Yeah. I was actually really sure I'd get my 1st preference, I even called them before I put it down and they said it'll be ok. 1st pref was eng but then I didn't get it? I'm just wondering if I stand a chance for commerce at UNSW, I called them and they said its a popular course and probs few or no one will drop. Should I bother with UNSW or try put 1st pref with Macq or something else...?

HSC
I haven't read other threads but are you saying that I accept the offer by registering at the uni itself but simultaneously change preferences to try get another offer? How does that work though? If everyone hogs onto their spots, how will we know if there is any vacancy? I called ANU for example asking about commerce and they said there is no vacancy, don't bother applying :(

Yeah. I was actually really sure I'd get my 1st preference, I even called them before I put it down and they said it'll be ok. 1st pref was eng but then I didn't get it? I'm just wondering if I stand a chance for commerce at UNSW, I called them and they said its a popular course and probs few or no one will drop. Should I bother with UNSW or try put 1st pref with Macq or something else...?

Well, from what i've been reading, you still CAN get offers. I don't know how it works, but i'm pretty sure if you read the other threads or ask Shadowdude, you should be able to get some answers/
However, if they have already stated that there is no vacant spots, stick with this course, then transfer the next year.

b0redAsian

HSC
Ok, what should I do?

I have one offer ONLY and it is in my 'backup' (joke) course. I made it to a B Socio-legal studies and it is the course that I don't want to do. I put it in my 6th preference. The other courses I put down were fanciful, 1-5 were law + med + eng etc etc... I really wanted to do commerce or economics at UNSW but I put them as my 7th and 8th pref because I thought I would get in. Including bonus points, at UNSW I would be 100+ so I thought I would get in definitely. But now I didn't get in. SO what should I do?

I really want to do commerce at UNSW.
dude you really failed to understand the concept of preferences... your top preferences (i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc...) should be the courses you want to get in the MOST, and since you put your fav. course 8th.. of course your not going to get an offer.
i suggest re-arranging your preferences and hope that you get into the course you want for early feb round/late round.
p.s did you put medicine down as one of your preferences ??

all the best, goodluck :)

Quackersome

HSC
N/A
dude you really failed to understand the concept of preferences... your top preferences (i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc...) should be the courses you want to get in the MOST, and since you put your fav. course 8th.. of course your not going to get an offer.
i suggest re-arranging your preferences and hope that you get into the course you want for early feb round/late round.
p.s did you put medicine down as one of your preferences ??

all the best, goodluck :)
Yeah I'm hoping to get into early feb too. I'm just asking if people think that I stand a strong chance. I'm not really sure if people drop out of commerce that's why.

I didn't put med, but I put dentistry in 5th pref. I was really expecting to get into my top 3 pref (two of em which has commerce). I just wanted to make use of the 9 spots lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)