What are the chances of getting accepted into... (1 Viewer)

FrozenSky

HSC
What are the chances of getting into, B APPLIED SCIENCE (MEDICAL RADIATION SCIENCE) – DIAGNOSTIC RADIOGRAPHY @ USYD the atar cut-off is 92.35, and i'm 1.4 atar ABOVE the cut off

I'm an idiot for not including this is in my main round. So here's my story (if you're interested), after being rejected by com+sci @ usyd and chucking a tantrum... I decided to have another look at the USYD and realised that radiography was up for grabs! I can't believe that i didn't see this course earlier, and now im worried i won't be accepted...

I heard that 2nd round offers and 3rd round offers are very very hard to get in... Furthermore, the course is full right now...
So guys be honest, what are my chances?

Edit: Oh, and i forgot to mention that i will recieve bonus points on top of my atar for b5 in physics + bio

Last edited:

Logjammin'

HSC
The probability would be somewhere between 0 and 1. Try and find the fluctuations between main and late rounds last year.. may follow this trend.

FrozenSky

HSC
Hmmm.. i'm trying to research more into the subject.
Does a course usually increase in atar during second/third rounds? If so, around how much?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
To my recollection, they usually decrease the ATAR to let more people in - unless they are full. You should be able to get in - if there are vacancies.

FrozenSky

HSC
Yeah... but the problem is that there's no vacancies - that's the thing which is getting me worried...

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
USYD don't do bonus points.

Edit: My mistake, just re-read the thing about Flexible Entry Pathways.

Last edited:

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
If it's vacant they will put a "V" next to the course name. The list of vacancies can be found on the UAC site
How do they know there'll be vacancies if that list was made when offers were released?

FrozenSky

HSC
How do they know there'll be vacancies if that list was made when offers were released?
I think UAC will consider the spot taken when the offer is sent. However, some people may reject their offers, resulting in vacancies for 2nd/3rd round.

I don't know, im just guessing :/

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I was playing Socrates with you FS, I'm sorry... it was just an experiment I wanted to try.

From the cut-off thing:

A letter ‘V’ shown in brackets after the cut-off indicates that some places may be available in the Early February Round. Vacancies could also arise in some courses not marked ‘V’.

uac.aplcnt

HSC
Haha..same to me..I sort of stuffed up this year in the main round..oh wells..that means I dont have to change my preferences much in the second round according to this - if only I payed 3 days earlier or more then i'd mosts probably get an offer *meh*

FrozenSky

HSC
Haha..same to me..I sort of stuffed up this year in the main round..oh wells..that means I dont have to change my preferences much in the second round according to this - if only I payed 3 days earlier or more then i'd mosts probably get an offer *meh*
I totally understand your feelings... After being rejected i was browsing through USYD and when i saw radiology i was like *eyes opened*, then as i glided my finger towards the atar i was like "shit i should of added this in my main rounds"...

uac.aplcnt

HSC
Its just crazy because you just cant comprehend or picture/imagine 70,000 People applying for university and trying to make it in the main round..you just imagine it like an everyday thing..people going in a huge shopping centre to buy something within the last hours before a set time - BUT having 70,000 odd people in there is'nt really a nice place to be in..its sorta the same as uac..

Also..> 70,000..its like where do all these people come from?! WTH? theres only an avg. of 40,000 High school students..whats the 10,000-15,000 people for?! Where are they freaking from? LOL...

Last edited:

uac.aplcnt

HSC
I totally understand your feelings... After being rejected i was browsing through USYD and when i saw radiology i was like *eyes opened*, then as i glided my finger towards the atar i was like "shit i should of added this in my main rounds"...
coming from someone who got an ATAR of 93.75? LOL..DONT WORRY - just go to a different uni that has a low cut-off and then transfer mid year or 1 year later..they take your ATAR into account too!

And you my friend..i'm in a worst situation where I got an ATAR in the high 60's abouts..lol

uac.aplcnt

HSC
coming from someone who got an ATAR of 93.75? LOL..DONT WORRY - just go to a different uni that has a low cut-off and then transfer mid year or 1 year later..they take your ATAR into account too!

And you my friend..i'm in a worst situation where I got an ATAR in the high 60's abouts..lol
I saw you took my advice in another thread you created..lol

In the meantime..still crossed myself *grr* :spzz: :spzz: :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)