0.2 under cutoff - chances of 2nd round? (1 Viewer)

ezza_44

HSC
I got an atar of 91.5
I missed out on commerce at unsw by 0.2 (96.7 cutoff, my mark 96.5 with bonus points)
What are my chances of being accepted in the second round offers?

FrozenSky

HSC
After realising that 700+ students are doing commerce @ UNSW it will be quite difficult getting in...

rx34

HSC
Cutoffs generally go up during 2nd and 3rd rounds. So fairly slim chance.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
OP can always hope for those who decline their offers, leaving up space.

o_o"
HSC
Id say OP has a good chance. Having 700+ students, many are bound to change their minds and do another course.

nrlwinner

HSC
Sorry to hijack this thread OP.

But what do you think are my chances of commerce at unsw if my atar (with bonus points) adds up to 99.95?

TutoringHSC

HSC
N/A
Sorry to hijack this thread OP.

But what do you think are my chances of commerce at unsw if my atar (with bonus points) adds up to 99.95?
As I've told you before, pretty low. There are quite a few people with 99.95 wishing to change to commerce after the 1st round. Apparently the second round cut-off was 99.95, so we'd have to be lucky this year if we get a spot. Just because someone drops out, doesn't mean the spot will be offered.

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
Id say OP has a good chance. Having 700+ students, many are bound to change their minds and do another course.
It would scale relatively though, because there would be more people competing to take those spots.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
It's more than likely you won't get an offer because Commerce has high participation rates and their enrolment quota is usually filled. Other degrees don't get full enrolment from those with adequate ATAR's for the cutoff, so they accept people below it (without special consideration). My case, for example, I was nearly 9 full points below the published cutoff for Bachelor of Engineering (Software) and still got offered it in the main round.

The thing you can do, however, is put Economics at the top of your new preferences (if your bonus points still apply), then a BA/BSc double, whilst doing courses relative to Commerce. You can then transfer over after first Semester (or after 1st year), given your WAM is high enough and do whatever you want to do in Commerce.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)