Late round for competitive courses? (1 Viewer)

quite pro

HSC
Hi guys,

I'm sort of getting cold feet about doing medicine @ uws, i'm wondering what my chances are of getting a late round offer for combined law at either UNSW or USyd.

My ATAR is 99.90

Thanks

wLym

HSC
Sorry to hijack thread but good luck to OP on 2nd round offer, who knows, someone is bound to pull out :)
I was just wondering if anyone knows that if i got 1st pref bonded med at unsw and leave unsw as 1st pref for the 2nd round, will i still be considered for an unbonded place in the 2nd round? Im not sure because i read that if you got offered 1st pref for main round that pref wont be considered in the 2nd?
Sorry if i didnt explain that v clearly...
Thanks in advance

speedofsound

HSC
one of my friends got an offer for combined law @ unsw, but she's declining because she doesn't wanna do it. she got a lower atar than you, too.

so it could happen.

Aquablack

Banned
HSC
Hi guys,

I'm sort of getting cold feet about doing medicine @ uws, i'm wondering what my chances are of getting a late round offer for combined law at either UNSW or USyd.

My ATAR is 99.90

Thanks
You must want to cry, maybe Suicide even

jippy787

HSC
N/A
OP: Second round usually gets more competitive for most courses, so the chances are pretty slim. But you have a very high ATAR, and people do pull out. Good luck.

I was just wondering if anyone knows that if i got 1st pref bonded med at unsw and leave unsw as 1st pref for the 2nd round, will i still be considered for an unbonded place in the 2nd round? Im not sure because i read that if you got offered 1st pref for main round that pref wont be considered in the 2nd?
Sorry if i didnt explain that v clearly...
Thanks in advance
I don't really get what you're asking . . . I think the answer is a "No" to your specific question, BUT:

Put your first preference (the one you got accepted in) as your last, and you'll get an offer for another course in the second round. If you leave your first preference (that you got accepted in) as your first preference, you WON'T be considered for all preferences below it in the second round. That's why if you want to see what other courses you can get into, you have to place your first acceptance as the last preference (or just delete it) to make sure that all preferences above it are considered for the second round. Doing this has no impact on your acceptance to your first preference, either.

You can then choose to accept or ignore your second round offer. If you ignore it, that's fine. If you accept it, you must then withdraw from your first preference course.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
i think what he is saying he got offered a spot for med

however there are like two kind of med spots, unbonded meaning u can work wherever u want after graduation and bonded meaning u have to work where they send u for five years.

UNSW has not offered him an unbonded palce for med but isntead gave him a bonded place. So athough its the same course and same preference, he was offered a 2nd category of bonded.

hope that clarifies it and hope i am guessing the right thing

jippy787

HSC
N/A
i think what he is saying he got offered a spot for med

however there are like two kind of med spots, unbonded meaning u can work wherever u want after graduation and bonded meaning u have to work where they send u for five years.

UNSW has not offered him an unbonded palce for med but isntead gave him a bonded place. So athough its the same course and same preference, he was offered a 2nd category of bonded.

hope that clarifies it and hope i am guessing the right thing
Oh, OK. Thanks for clearing that up. I had no clue about bonded/unbonded med . . .

So they're exactly the same course code? Wow, that's tricky. But I'd be inclined to think that they *wouldn't* offer a student the same course again - but there's no harm in trying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)