24 credit points or more? (1 Viewer)

Angelyte

HSC
24 credit points seem to be the least amount of credit points.... but is doing more than that recommended at all? is it better to do more credits?
thanks

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Unless you are absolutely gunning all your units, I wouldn't recommend picking up extra UoS during a semester, especially if this is your first year at university. Often you have to go to the Dean of your faculty for permission to do extra units and to my belief, they will reject any approach by a first year student in Semester 1.

In fact 24cp, is not the minimum amount of credit points required during a semester. Anyone can do less than 24cp, but after a threshold is passed (can't remember what it is), you will be deemed a part-time student so HECS for those units are void.

Leave the units you have chosen and see how you go for first semester. Don't consider doing more than that until you get your results for Sem 1.

Angelyte

HSC
thank you, so as far as I can see, there aren't any real benefits in doing more units even in the future?

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Basically you would pick up extra units if you are either bored, want to lighten the load in future semesters, or want to finish your degree faster. I wouldn't recommend doing it in your first year because you need to grasp the workload of university work before you make decisions like this.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I believe under 18 uoc (units of credit), you become a part-time student under HECS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)