A question about honor course (1 Viewer)

HSC
Is honor course very important? Is it goin to influence our future jobs?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Both those are quite broad fields. You can get into both with just a bachelor, however, a masters or honours looks good in these areas.

HSC
Both those are quite broad fields. You can get into both with just a bachelor, however, a masters or honours looks good in these areas.
whats the difference between master and honors? which one is worthier to study?

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Shitty question, be more specific please

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
^ I know.

"Honours", from what I gather is a thesis paper along with coursework - which means you really need to brush up on your English skills, OP.

But yes, Honours does increase standing in getting a job.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Shitty question, be more specific please
How is it a shitty question, it's actually a pretty good question.

In some professions honours is useful and opens up a lot more opportunities. Sometimes this is the case in finance (for example the RBA asks for a minimum of honours). Same goes for the AASB (although based in Melb.) It all depends on where you want to go with your career.

Honours is something I'm interested in for accounting though I'm not still exactly sure if it'll serve much benefit since I want to complete CA program which involves a GradDip. As I said, it depends on where you want to go.

whats the difference between master and honors? which one is worthier to study?
They're both different and you gain different skills by studying them. For example, an honours year usually requires a lengthy thesis. As a result this improves your research and communication skills among a host of other things. A masters (by coursework I'm assuming) helps you increase your technical knowledge in a field. I'm not sure how many students go directly on to a masters after graduating from an undergraduate degree though - maybe somebody else can shed some light on this for you.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Honours - Cheapest (Not Full Fee) 1 year fulltime, thesis
Masters (Coursework) - Shit for maths, expenisive, 1-2 years full time
Masters (Research) - Required to get into PhD programs in UK/US, expensive, 1-2 years full time, thesis
Grad Dip - 0.5-1 year fulltime of coursework

kooltrainer

HSC
If say ur doing engineering.. they all must do honours to graduate.. they gotta do thesis and i'v seen some.. around 80 pages with majority of bullshit ..

the one i saw is basically 1 simple idea.. program it, plot graph.. it got 70-80ish

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
If say ur doing engineering.. they all must do honours to graduate.. they gotta do thesis and i'v seen some.. around 80 pages with majority of bullshit ..

the one i saw is basically 1 simple idea.. program it, plot graph.. it got 70-80ish
At UWA you get honours in eng if your marks in 3rd and 4th year are good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)