Is it true you can't have a concession card if you are working? (1 Viewer)

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
It is indeed true, there are eligibility requirements on obtaining concessions. It's ironic because the students who are poorest and thus most need the concession are the ones who also need jobs to pay for things generally.

uac.aplcnt

HSC
Yeah workers dont get concession, only students do - unless you go to centrelink or something, I think you could apply for one..but i'm only basing that on a guess, you'd have to meet certain criteria's to be approved for the half price benifet. Either than that - I feel for you, sometimes parents can be a little stingy when you want to get out and about to do things either for yourself or for the community....

I think this thread shouldn't be in the General uni discussion..you should put it in some place else...seriously!

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
hahahah fuck that shit apply for one anyway, 8 hours of work a week makes no difference.

izzy88

HSC
Look, it's one of those rules that absolutely no one follows. Everyone that applies for the concession gets it (unless you are an international student or something). Ive been at uni for four years and neither I nor my friends (all who work) have ever had a problem. I have never heard of anyone being fined- just the other day I was clearly off to work, and had my ticket and concession checked, and no comment was made about the work thing. I don't know if it will affect your appeal, but I don't think anyone should worry about it when they apply for the concession card.

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Just lie and get it. Its almost undetectable. In addition, there are philosophical reasons for doing this: Cityrail provides an expensive and crappy service and is not worthy of being given money.

onur91

HSC
N/A
At the moment, no. But hopefully i will be working reallyyyyy soon, if i don't get screwed over lol
But yeah, even when i start working, i'll get travel concession. No way in hell will I pay full-price for a train ticket =P

assiduous

HSC
At the moment, no. But hopefully i will be working reallyyyyy soon, if i don't get screwed over lol
But yeah, even when i start working, i'll get travel concession. No way in hell will I pay full-price for a train ticket =P
But you would be receiving income from two sources then! You should be able to afford a full fare! :O
haha. Where do you plan to work?

astroe

HSC
They won't care, seriously.
Well, unless you go and admit it to them like that.

onur91

HSC
N/A
But you would be receiving income from two sources then! You should be able to afford a full fare! :O
haha. Where do you plan to work?
Not really, if i start working then I can't get youth allowance. So i'm not willing to pay $9.20 for a ticket to uni, when i can easily pay $4.60 haha
Within a marketing firm. Expecting a call from the guy who wants to interview me this week.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah and i sure as hell am not paying $50 for a weekly ticket
or $14.50 every day for a return

2sXc4yU

Banned
HSC
fuk payin for tickets i dont want them pigs in the parlament house to get my hard earned moolah. just jump on the train and ride 4 free. but dont let tha pigs getcha

speedofsound

HSC
what, i didn't even apply for anything and i still got student concession. those grounds for not giving someone concession sound like bs. making $100 a week doesn't really help that much. i'm not paying anymore than i have to. the concession prices are as much as ANYBODY should pay for our public transport service...

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
on youth allowance though u can earn up to like $118 a week before ur payment is affected. So i think even if u work i dont think u will be affected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)