UNSW entry (1 Viewer)

greenblur

HSC
N/A
I heard that in order to get into UNSW, you need an english mark of 80+. Is this true?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Who the hell told you that?

Of course it's not true. There's tons of Asians there - and I conjecture a good portion of them can't speak a word of English properly =P

"BUT PWOFESSAH, I SED DAT I WOOD BWING YOO DAT ASSYMENT OHH TOOS-DAY, NOT TOO-DAY!" (or something like that)

Just kidding. In fact, I've found the non-migrating Chinese people speak better English than most "Australian" people. That's why it's funny.

Deathless

HSC
Who the hell told you that?

Of course it's not true. There's tons of Asians there - and I conjecture a good portion of them can't speak a word of English properly =P

"BUT PWOFESSAH, I SED DAT I WOOD BWING YOO DAT ASSYMENT OHH TOOS-DAY, NOT TOO-DAY!" (or something like that)

Just kidding. In fact, I've found the non-migrating Chinese people speak better English than most "Australian" people. That's why it's funny.
awesome man

vincent3g

A member
HSC
In order to get into UNSW you need to reach the ATAR cut-off for the Course that you want.
A higher English mark might equal a higher ATAR, hence it would be desirable to get an 80+ in English. BUT that's the same for all other subjects (if you are doing exactly 10 Units).

And you should play with an ATAR calculator to see what English and other subject marks you need. and a UAC book to see the Cut-off.

And you should care about the course that you want (and the ATAR of the cut-off), not the Uni, since like the cut-off for like Law and a single degree Commerce is very different.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
dont u need to compete the ELISE exam or soemthing to be able to enrol into semester 2? i so cbb doing it grrrrr got 6 more weeks to do it

greenblur

HSC
N/A
thanks. BTW, optom is only in UNSW in the NSW region. So technically, i am after a certain uni.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
dont u need to compete the ELISE exam or soemthing to be able to enrol into semester 2? i so cbb doing it grrrrr got 6 more weeks to do it
keep doing it, copy the answers on word each time you fail and soon you'll have all the answers

sinophile

HSC
N/A
u have to do elise between enrolment and first few weeks of semester

twistedrebel

HSC
hmm dunno where it is. Do they send you a email or something.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
should be on zmail, but if it's not there, it's definetly on blackboard

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Oh that thing... is it like HSC's "All My Own Work" and that? It's so silly... <_<

Yet so easy.

iTz Chromatic

Banned
HSC
Oh that thing... is it like HSC's "All My Own Work" and that? It's so silly... <_<

Yet so easy.
You cant call anything easy you did ex2, mx2, phys and chem and only got 95.40 you dumb ass, your ATAR spectrum was like: 98.00 ACTUAL AIM and you got nowhere near

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)