Accommodation / Room Share (1 Viewer)

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
Hiya!

Starting a double degree at UNSW in a few weeks and am looking for a steady room or room share near Kensington or Central (flexible on this!)

I'm a quiet and very clean and tidy country born-and-bred 18 year old male. I don't smoke or own pets, and can cook well. I'll be spending 3 days a week at uni, and will otherwise spend my time working.

Would prefer to spend $150/week or under (including bills, excluding food) and am able to pay in advance + bond etc

Feel free to look me up on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/arceupins)

If any other students are looking for a roomie then hit me up - I really need a room before uni starts!

I can be contacted via either email (arceupins@live.com) or mobile (0404 677 076)

Copypasta from what I've posted to other sites. Someone save me : (

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Good luck. You won't find anywhere there for that price (unless its like a 2 bedroom flat subletted to 8 people with someone living in the laundry, someone living on the balcony under a tarpaulin etc).

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Copypasta from what I've posted to other sites. Someone save me : (
Okay if you go to the City and walk around you will see heaps of room share adds at the traffic lights.

You can get share rooms from 110$+ with some bills included in the city and surrounding suburbs.

I worked for a year in the city full time and I saw plenty around the 140$ mark during my daily strolls. I still see them when I go looking.

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
Good luck. You won't find anywhere there for that price (unless its like a 2 bedroom flat subletted to 8 people with someone living in the laundry, someone living on the balcony under a tarpaulin etc).
I found a room in Chippendale shared with two other guys, but it sounds so full of dick : (

I worked for a year in the city full time and I saw plenty around the 140$ mark during my daily strolls. I still see them when I go looking.
You do have the fem advantage tho : |

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Yeah but if you're quiet and you don't make to much of a mess I don't see why they'd say no.

Loads of guys rooming in the city. Just don't mention your fagginess.

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Oh and a lot of them are asians. You get on with asians right? They might be a tad racist if you are white. Idk asians like to group with asians.

Arceupins

Banned
HSC
Yeah but if you're quiet and you don't make to much of a mess I don't see why they'd say no.

Loads of guys rooming in the city. Just don't mention your fagginess.
Yeah I'd have to keep my BoS'ing to a minimum :~~~~~~(

I'll have a look around when I go up to check out this apartment tomorrow.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Took me a month to find a place in Canberra - I only was interviewed by white people oddly enough.

Got a room 20-30 min bus to uni for $150 with everyone which I would consider to be quite cheap.

Lou283

HSC
I would try the eastern suburbs you may be able to get a place in say Randwick although $150 a week including bills isn't going to get you very far at all. I use to share a 2 bedroom apartment in Coogee for $220 but Randwick does seem cheaper.

Don't bother those rooms posted on poles in the city unless it specifically says your own room. Its amazes me that people will pay $120 a week to live in the living in a bit section off by a sheet (if you are lucky).

Honestly though - i think you might struggle on your budget. Your only other option is to actually share a room.

Try these sites, if you haven't already:
www.flatmatefinders.com.au
www.easyroomate.com.au
and ofcourse gumtree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)