Should I go back to uni this semester? (1 Viewer)

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
Hi guys, since November, I've been sick and in and out of hospital where I've had a total of 5 surgeries done and I'm awaiting one or two more later on within the next couple of months.

Right now I feel like I can do nearly all activities, making me feel I can go back, or stay at home cause sometimes the area where most of the surgeries have been done still acts up, (pain's about 4.5/10, but I still really feel like taking painkillers).

I'm also worried about workload and assignments piling up(3rd year Chemical Engineering @ usyd) if I take time off, and it would be better to save the stress by sitting this semester out. I mean I just finished my final 2nd year exams yesterday(mainly due to complications suffered by the hand of inexperienced doctors).

If I do sit this semester out and I heal up incredibly quickly, I'm worried that deferring would've been for nothing. By the way, it's mainly the parents wanting me to go back to uni as they hate the idea of me being at home altogether wounded or not

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Hi guys, since November, I've been sick and in and out of hospital where I've had a total of 5 surgeries done and I'm awaiting one or two more later on within the next couple of months.

Right now I feel like I can do nearly all activities, making me feel I can go back, or stay at home cause sometimes the area where most of the surgeries have been done still acts up, (pain's about 4.5/10, but I still really feel like taking painkillers).

I'm also worried about workload and assignments piling up(3rd year Chemical Engineering @ usyd) if I take time off, and it would be better to save the stress by sitting this semester out. I mean I just finished my final 2nd year exams yesterday(mainly due to complications suffered by the hand of inexperienced doctors).

If I do sit this semester out and I heal up incredibly quickly, I'm worried that deferring would've been for nothing. By the way, it's mainly the parents wanting me to go back to uni as they hate the idea of me being at home altogether wounded or not

Are you able to do it part time at all so you wont have so much stress and such a high workload as you would as a full time student?

FLYHAWK14

HSC
N/A
Are you able to do it part time at all so you wont have so much stress and such a high workload as you would as a full time student?
I don't know, with my course you have to study 3 subjects together in one semester(+1 extra), and the workload in each of them can be demanding + I have to worry about groupwork and making sure I do my part

Jaundice

Banned
HSC
N/A
Okay that doesn't sound too enticing. Are you able to defer the first semester?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Must spread rep before I can neg rep you.
Fucking loled at this.

To OP, this is one of those questions in which you can only answer. It comes down to how you feel and whether you think you're up to it. If you're not, there's nothing you can really do. Your health should come first. If you can do it on the other hand, then you won't be a semester behind.

Also the part time idea is awesome. I spent two semesters part time while I worked (and a bit after I finished), and it feels like you don't even go to uni to be honest.

Lou283

HSC
Maybe go into uni and discuss it with them. If you explain your situation they may have a solution for you. I would personally do part time but you may not be able to do that - there may however be certain units or even electives you can do externally.

Worth a shot just going in and asking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)