How many hrs straight? (1 Viewer)

fishfingerz

HSC
Hey. I dunno if there is a thread like this, haven't been on bos in a while, anyways I made my timetable and on Friday i have 5 and a half hrs straight of classes and tutes. From 9-2:30. The reason is I want 2 days off, tue and thurs. I was wondering is it worth having the extra day off? Or should I separate my large Friday learning into one of my free days? Is it possible though, to do what I have now? I mean, I guess I can eat during the lecture, and they said the lecture finishes 10 mins early anyways. I dunno, what do you guys think? How many hrs straight have u got? Like without an 'official' gap?

Also, for 2 of my units the tutes are on before the first lecture? Is that a problem?

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
5.5 hours is nothing. Leave it as it is.

Usually if a tutorial is timetable earlier in the week than the lectures, they begin in Week 2. Did you miss this detail? Can you check your university's timetabling unit?

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Longest I've had is 4 hours straight. In fact I do it all the time because it's just easier.

Almost enrolled in a class which meant I'd have to do 6 hours straight but my attention span isn't that long.

fishfingerz

HSC
Yeah, well I've got 5 and a half.
Azure, how did you make time to eat and u know, take a mental break? Hmm, maybe I should just take one tute from friday and make it thursday.

funnytomato

HSC
@OP, spread it out so you don't bludge away your Tuesdays and Thursdays(like most ppl would do)
also it's not worth buying a weekly ticket(which is quite useful) if you only go to uni for 3 days

btw, I'm 24/7 straight :D and I'm not homophobic !!!

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah, well I've got 5 and a half.
Azure, how did you make time to eat and u know, take a mental break? Hmm, maybe I should just take one tute from friday and make it thursday.
I just eat something small inbetween the lecture and tutorial. It is a bit draining, but that short walk often helps.

I don't like having massive gaps between classes and try to avoid them when possible. I think that ruins my mental focus the most.

fishfingerz

HSC
Well, I changed my timetable. 5.5 hrs seemed way too much. I cut it down to 3.5 hrs by transferring a tute to one of my vacant days. But now I only have 1 weekday off. :(

Guess I'll just work weeknights then.

terminator69

HSC
I have 17 hours straight. But I have AIDS, so it takes me longer to learn things. :(

MysteryGenius

HSC
i got unlucky this semester
on tuesdays i go 8 hours straight. 9-5
hells yeah =.='
good thing is that i get weds and every 2nd thursday off

i can do about 4 hours straight without losing focus. it'll be interesting to see how this works out lol

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
As I said in the other thread if you have 2 hours 3 hour lab 2 hours you should be alright - labs are pretty cool.

MysteryGenius

HSC
yeah, i'm just glad i only have 1 lecture on that day.. or else i'd probably die of boredom lol

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Between 4 and five hours straight, depending on where my tutorial goes. Shortest block of time I've had in three years. Unfortunately it means I'm at uni everyday.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
used to have eight hours straight, all pracs and tutes, on wednesday. but then I broke that up, so the longest is five hours on monday and tuesday.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey. I dunno if there is a thread like this, haven't been on bos in a while, anyways I made my timetable and on Friday i have 5 and a half hrs straight of classes and tutes. From 9-2:30. The reason is I want 2 days off, tue and thurs. I was wondering is it worth having the extra day off? Or should I separate my large Friday learning into one of my free days? Is it possible though, to do what I have now? I mean, I guess I can eat during the lecture, and they said the lecture finishes 10 mins early anyways. I dunno, what do you guys think? How many hrs straight have u got? Like without an 'official' gap?

Also, for 2 of my units the tutes are on before the first lecture? Is that a problem?
you will live
worth a day off.. unless you live on campus lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)