would 99.95 atar guarantee an entry to HARVARD university??? (1 Viewer)

theloorloor

HSC
N/A
would 99.95 atar guarantee an entry to harvard university or do you have to have all that other curricular activies, sporting, academics shit?

jnney

lemon
HSC
I've heard you do need co-curricular etc.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
They don't take the VERY best academic students.

The students who get full marks in their SAT's (US equivalent of HSC), are usually rejected.

Just be content with Australian universities you child.

X

xeuyrawp

would 99.95 atar guarantee an entry to harvard university or do you have to have all that other curricular activies, sporting, academics shit?
If you mean undergrad entry, you would definitely need extra-curricular stuff. Postgrad not so much.

mitchy_boy said:
Just be content with Australian universities you child.
Terrible advice. :p

izzy88

HSC
I don't think it would guarantee you entry. You need the co-curricular activities probably, and you would have to do the tests- LSATs i think(?). Also- entry isn't everything- you then need to find the money to pay for fees/accomodation...

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Just prove that you're partially aboriginal and you can beat university medalists when applying for transfer

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Just prove that you're partially aboriginal and you can beat university medalists when applying for transfer

kooltrainer

HSC
so u think ur too good for australian universities eh? u think ur better than all the professors in aus combined jus coz u go ur little 99 atar eh? learn to realise the futility of atar in employers eyes..

Last edited:

furansugo

HSC
In short, no. Absolutely no way.

I did get 99.95, and I did get into Harvard, but by no means was my ATAR the defining part of my application. Keep in mind that few Americans even know what an ATAR is. To get into somewhere like Harvard, you have to demonstrate your personality on an application, and you need to somehow stand out (often in a national sense). I know of plenty of 99.95s who were rejected from Harvard (and many other Ivy Leagues) with international competitions and major extra curricular positions up their sleeves. The application to Harvard is farrrr more than just grades and run of the mill activities. I think one of the most important parts is the essay, where you show your voice, but others would beg to differ.

Also, why Harvard? You do realise that there's more to a university than its name, right?

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
in after harvard student

jizz'd

Deathless

HSC
No.

Harvard's a great uni but in my opinion its not worth it if you are eligible for study help and HECS in Australia. You're paying 50k+ a year to attend Harvard (fees, textbooks, cheap accommodation etc) whilst you pay like $4k to attend uni in Australia? You don't even have to pay the $4k till you finish your degree either... Unless you plan to work in the US, it's just not worth it.

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
No.

Harvard's a great uni but in my opinion its not worth it if you are eligible for study help and HECS in Australia. You're paying 50k+ a year to attend Harvard (fees, textbooks, cheap accommodation etc) whilst you pay like $4k to attend uni in Australia? You don't even have to pay the $4k till you finish your degree either... Unless you plan to work in the US, it's just not worth it.
pretty sure thats way off man lol. I don't know how much it is, but its in the 10s of thousands surely

but yes, financially for uni i think its better off here

Deathless

HSC
pretty sure thats way off man lol. I don't know how much it is, but its in the 10s of thousands surely

but yes, financially for uni i think its better off here
Oh yeah I made a mistake sorry. I meant ~$4k per semester, $8-10k per year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)