What's uni like?? (1 Viewer)

tom-spin

HSC
Hey guys, just want your feedback on life at uni, I'm currently still stuck in high school..
any tips and comments are much appreciated :)

HSC
Many people disagree with me but I think uni is similar to high school if you exclude the explicit details such as attending class for the subject once or twice a week as opposed to everyday. In the end, there will still be the good old studying for assessments, exams and completing assignments.

terminator69

HSC
It's shit if you don't make any friends. Also it's shit if you have no friends and thus are forced to do group projects with random chinese students because they are lazy as shit, plagiarise like a mofo and submit poor quality work.

But for most people I guess uni is pretty sweet, but I wouldn't know.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
It's a lot more work and the teachers don't care about you and it's more lonely and depressing and it makes you want to die.

tom-spin

HSC
It's shit if you don't make any friends. Also it's shit if you have no friends and thus are forced to do group projects with random chinese students because they are lazy as shit, plagiarise like a mofo and submit poor quality work.

lol i'm guessing there are heaps of asians in uni huh? but apart from study and all that what's the social life like? lots of parties? events and such?

sinophile2

HSC
N/A
Its shit.

Mainly for the reasons kaz1 said: more lonely and more work with less support networks.

Bendent

HSC
college ppl are more 'normal' high school ppl are immature

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Choose how much work you do. Live in your own place. House parties.

What's not to love.

Squishxmishyx

Olive You.
HSC
I can't wait to go to Uni and meet smart nerdy people!
I'm going to try and scab off $1 off everyone at each lecture. (Hopefully there's like 100 people per lecture)

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
from a free time point of view gr8

from a botheredness to do work.. not so gr8

the work comes pretty damn fast

bitumen

HSC
uni is good because you don't have to go
plus people treat you like an adult.

yeah. I got stuck with international students for a group project and ended up doing the whole thing myself. one of them was like I MEK CHANGEZ and he changed the fucking font lol

b00m

HSC
Uni Grad
for my mgmt group assignment our tutor asked this asian international student "so was communication a problem for you?"

reply: "errr. huhuhh.... derp?"

he couldnt even understand that question so lol

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
internationals in your group are the worst. I had an international partner in this programming assignment, all he did was send back an email saying "very you smart".

sinophile2

HSC
N/A
internationals in your group are the worst. I had an international partner in this programming assignment, all he did was send back an email saying "very you smart".
if i was an international student who could get away with not doing work by playing dumb, i would.

hm, actually, that idea isnt half bad, maybe i should try it!

Last edited:

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
hmm, a few of the internationals ive met have been very smart with fluent english with no accent....

though i had to explain to someone what "maccas" was

sinophile2

HSC
N/A
hmm, a few of the internationals ive met have been very smart with fluent english with no accent....

though i had to explain to someone what "maccas" was
Yeah the internationals are hit or miss, in my degree about half are outgoing and try to be social, and try to talk to the english speaking guys, while the other half never speak to anyone except other asians.. Actually, i guess the same thing goes for Australians too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)