• UTS

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • UWS

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • Other

Votes: 25 33.8%

• Total voters

bubby

what uni would you go to? And why do you want to go there.....
like what subject do you want to study ?
Myself either USW or Sydney Uni depending if it's teaching or media advertising I want to do :)

Last edited:

Rosie

I want to go to either UWS penrith or Macquarie Uni coz i want to study early childhood teaching. Both are good uni's i hear but with Macquarie some of my cousins went there and did really well! :)

Jin-17

I want to go either to UTS or syd due to all those chinese foods and china town nearby which is my heart desire heh heh. Nah, the real reason is that I am intersted in either social science in syd or in UTS in the tradional chinese medicine course, which I believe will greatly interest me and will still do after 40 years (hopefully).
Another reason is due to my older sister being in UTS and unlike other brothers and sisters, we are really close and almost act more like best friends. She said that she will come to my lectures and make a nusiance of herself and have both her and myself kicked out!!!!!!!

liz

HSC
Yeah i wanna do teaching or early childhood. Don't really care where as long as it isn't over an hour away from sydney.

Christine

beige member
HSC
CSU!!!!!!!!!!!!! (watch out lazy bathurst here i come) haha :p

i want to study media :)

bex

HSC
yeah as above! CSU, UTS or Sydney.... i dont care really as long as i end up being a journo (of the non newspaper kind ie mags, tv, radio etc)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
mmm...

UTS, UNSW (COFA), newcastle. haven't really considered UWS, and syd uni doesn't have a graphic design course... i don't really want to go much further than sydney though...

luigi

***LouLou***
HSC
i'd go to any uni except UWS and MACQUARIE.

also, not ANU either.

Elspeth

ANU's fantastic. I wanted to do politics there but my mum said "NO!".

Here's what I think:

UTS: Concrete Pylon, with colourful interiors to try to make up for it. Excalators inside totally disorientating.

UNSW: Concrete ugly jungle, with pathetic plots of greenery here and there (to "naturalise" the damn place, mere attempts at building the USyd atmosphere). Big walkway thingo down to the buses like the driveway to the White House or something.

Macquarie: Very leafy. Nice atmosphere. Blobs of stone meant to represent "art" rather queer. Closest atmosphere to Sydney's but too far from everywhere.

Sydney: The Monarch of all Universities. Spacious, close to the station, beautiful buildings, flexible courses, lots of clubs and cultural activities, diverse student population... in other words, perfection.

:teacher:

chait

Originally posted by Elspeth
ANU's fantastic. I wanted to do politics there but my mum said "NO!"....................
The ANU would be a great place to do politics b/c of the location.. and I heard they have an intern program at parliament...I'm thinking of choosing the ANU over UNSW and USYD.. despite what everyone says, the ANU is still a good uni.. it doesn't get the credit it deserves. i value teaching quality over the look of the buildings b/c that's what is going to stay with me long after the course is over. I wouldn't go as far as to describe USYD as perfection. eg. My House Tutor at School did a masters as USYD. They didn't have enough resources so he had to choose his sixth thesis preference - and his first wasn't even that out of the way.

well.. good luck for next year :)

Dario

HSC
I want to go to the University Of Wollongong. It's the closest one and has the courses I would like to choose from.

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
call me a private school snob but i wanna go to usyd. the courses are good which is a great start but i do appreciate the prestige and the environment and for me they count for something. i've worked my ass off this year so i reckon if i want to feel good about getting into uni and going to a place that i like the surroundings then i deserve to do that

chait

Originally posted by !meeee!
call me a private school snob but i wanna go to usyd. the courses are good which is a great start but i do appreciate the prestige and the environment and for me they count for something. i've worked my ass off this year so i reckon if i want to feel good about getting into uni and going to a place that i like the surroundings then i deserve to do that
i agree... it's important to go to a place where u fit in etc. i'm also from a private School. I'm still deciding on the uni I'm going to. I used to be set on USYD, but I'm not so sure now...

:) :) :)

Sarah

HSC
N/A
hmmm...i'm the opposite.
although i went to a private school i don't want to be around snobs. I want to go to sydney but that's only coz the course i want is only offered there

chait

i'm not deciding on a uni based on who is going there, but based on teh course and opportunities offered. that's how I came to consider the ANU over USYD...but i prefer UNSW over USYD

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)