Diffculty of Maths in Business/I.T at UTS! (1 Viewer)

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, I would like to know the diffculty of mathematics involved in the I.T and the Business course at UTS! Can a student with basic maths ability or one who has done general maths cope with the mathematical side of the two courses?
I'm asking this as the assumed knowledge for the courses is mathematics and recommended is extension 1 maths. I would like to hear from people who have done either business or I.T and would like to know how diffcult the maths involved in these courses were!

Last edited:

will_

HSC
Uni Grad
well in bachelor of business, out of the 8 core subjects, there are only 2 subjects which involves maths (fundamentals of business finance, and business statistics).

in fundamentals of business finance, its just 2 unit maths such as compound interest and basic substitutions. in business statistics, they introduce weird formulas, but its pretty much just substitution, so the difficulty of maths in first year subjects is pretty basic.

in your 2nd and 3rd year when you choose a business major, just avoid economics and finance majors as they will become progressively difficult ( i have been told). you can choose something else such as accounting, marketing, management etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)