Can i enroll at two different universities at the same time? (1 Viewer)

zahra110

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone. Is there any one can help me. I am studying at UNSW and this year 2013 is my secound year at B.science majoring chemistry. I got offer this year for B. nursing at UTS. I have this question am I allow to studying at both course (part time ).

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
I don't think i've heard of an attempt, but i think technically it should work since if you're still enrolled and paying hecs in both uni's but it might be hard with exam period if both fall during the same time or there is a clash

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Don't even try. There would be so many clashes in the average week and during exam period if anything clashed i doubt it would be a valid reason for not turning up to one exam so you would end up failing a subject.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Fairly sure you'd need to check both universities policies. Sometimes they have clauses that say you can not be sutyding in two places at once without express permission.

I think also, to study at another university, your degrees must relate. For example, I'm doing accounting, & If I wanted to do a sub major in Tax Law, my uni doesn't offer this. I know UTS offers this, so I could be able to apply for permission to complete the tax law sub at UTS and receive credit for this when I graduate at UWS.

Because I'm doing an accounting degree though, I wouldn't be able to study, say, Philosophy or Medicine at USYD because its not related.

I think the best option though would be to speak to both, because it would suck if you weren't allowed to and either one of the universities or both kicked you out because of it!!

And as the other guys have said, the clashes would be hard to avoid. Most unis have policies that say if you have an exam somewhere else you can defer it and you have to do theirs. Would suck to have 2 exams with each uni demanding you do theirs or fail!

zahra110

HSC
N/A
Thanks every one.

But I do not have any problem with clashing ( I do'nt have even one). I'm just not sure if I'm allow.

dizzlemizzle

HSC
If the universities find out, you'd probably be kicked out of both and end up with no degree. Its not worth the risk or effort.

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
If the universities find out, you'd probably be kicked out of both and end up with no degree. Its not worth the risk or effort.
Not necessarily it really depends, likewise if someone enrolled in one course then gets accepted to another and enrolls in that but forgets to un-enroll from the first one, they are charged hecs from both sides so it may be possible, but the whole thing is questionable. Have you tried Usyd i believe u can run a double degree with nursing and science?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks every one.

But I do not have any problem with clashing ( I do'nt have even one). I'm just not sure if I'm allow.
What about exam clashes? You wouldn't know the final exam timetables currently.

It's not wise at all. It's such a bad idea I can't think of seeing anybody attempting it before.

zahra110

HSC
N/A
Thank you all.
But I have a friend she is in third year of medical science at Macquarie University and she got an offer for nursing. she has told me she is going to get leave of absence and go with B. nursing at UTS. And she is thinking to be secure by this way. and no Rafy I don't have even clashing for exam.

zahra110

HSC
N/A
Thank you all.
But I have a friend she is in third year of medical science at Macquarie University and she got an offer for nursing. she has told me she is going to get leave of absence and go with B. nursing at UTS. And she is thinking to be secure by this way. and no Rafy I don't have even clashing for final exam. Do you think it would work in this way getting one year leave of absence? :(

Last edited:

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
If you really want to do both degrees just do one after the other. It will basically be the same time,and you can use your B.science knowledge in nursing. Plus think of how much less stress you'll be getting.

zahra110

HSC
N/A
Thanks chronost . I am thinking to do that u are right I can do one after the other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)