Manage your timetable for best study/life balance (1 Viewer)

WilltheTutor

HSC
N/A
For those of you who haven't finalised your timetables this semester, here are a couple of suggestions about timetabling that will improve your Uni experience.

1. Reduce the number of days you have classes and improve your study/life balance. This is harder for the science based courses where contact hours are higher but some business, law and arts students are able to fit all their classes into two days. My aim was for three days or the equivalent (two days plus two half days), which I managed throughout a Business (Professional Accounting) degree.

Reducing the number of days you have to be at Uni allows you to have a part time job with a reasonable number of hours and to indulge in some fun stuff, such as hobbies/sports as well. It’s even worth considering night lectures to achieve this study/life balance.

2. Try to schedule your tutorial class before the lecture in each subject (ideally a couple of hours before). You should do this because tutorials are generally designed to reinforce and consolidate the information supplied in the previous week's lecture. You really want to go through this process and have the previous week's material clear in your mind before you go into the next lecture in the subject.

funstudy

HSC
Some of my lectures are on fixed days, therefore have to struggle with 5 half-days. What to do :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)